1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dear Google

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK all in all you guys are doing a great job, but. . . I have one tiny bone to pick. When I type in a search reference for something like a product I get back tons of commercial sites that are simply trying to sell that product to me and almost no useful information such as specfications, reviews, history, modifications, trouble reports or recalls. You have Froogle for sales/commercial sites please block all commercial sales sites from regular web searches in Google and leave that aspect of searching the web to Froogle.

Thank you

Wildkow

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 16 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]463323[/snapback]</div>
    I agree.

However, they make their money by selling those ads. And as great as Google is, they're here to make money, like every other company.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's not Google that needs to change, it's you.

If you do a search on "<Company> <Product>", of course the first hits you see are places selling Company's Product ("at the lowest price!").

If you do a search on "Company Product Review", you'll (probably) get reviews of Company's Product.

If you do a search on "Company Product Recall", guess what you'll get.

Etc. Etc.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 17 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]463424[/snapback]</div>
    Oh Sure it's always me, Me, ME! Thanks BTW, that helps but it's not a total solution. Case in point goto google and input this search. . . "Interlink Electronics VP4350" review or click here. So I'm pretty sure getting rid of online stores popping up during a web search would still be a really good thing. :p

Wildkow

5. rcf@eventide.com

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm with Wildkow on this one. If I try to research a piece of used equipment that I'm looking at on eBay, the regular (NOT paid) Google search results inevitably show a large number of dealers who deliberately salt their pages with every conceivable model number and then drag you to a page where you're supposed to request a quote. It would be great if Google somehow gave precedence to the manufacturer's web page with product info and specifications.

It's usually in there somewhere, but it's more work to find it than it should be. Fortunately, Mr. Google reads all our suggestions, and I'm sure it will be taken care of immediately.

Richard