1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

December 7, 1941 - A Tribute

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Dec 7, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would like to take this opportunity to remember those killed and wounded on this Day of Infamy. Our country was attacked in a dastardly manor. It chose to rise up and meet the massive challenges that lay before it. Suffering on average 8,000 KIA's per month for years we marched forward in unison until total and complete victory was ours. It is testimony as to the greatness of our country that we look back with respect to how our nation overcame one of its greatest challenges to its survival.

/www.americanthinker.com/blog/2006/12/never_forget_the_day_of_infamy.html

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I second Doberman in remembering those that died this day, and during the entire war. Lets never forget what our servicemen have done for this country, and what they continue to do.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 7 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]358821[/snapback]</div>
    I would prefer if you referred to me as either drberman, dberman, dbermanmd, or david. I find your current reference to me unbecoming personally and serves as a poor reflection on yourself in addition. If you cannot bring yourself to respecting me, and yourself, then please exclude referring to me in any form.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I third doberman in the reflection of this most significant day.

Let us never forget it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Local news has had coverage all morning with interviews of survivors. A minute of silence is scheduled 15 minutes from now. This will probably be the last year so many survivors will be here as a group.

Many people don't realize Elvis help raise money with a benefit concert to get the memorial built.
    http://www.pearlharbormemorial.com/site/pp...NG&b=239191

dbermanmd, don't let beagle33199 and Mystery Shepard bother you, it only encourges them. BTW koa is my dog's name.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Dec 7 2006, 12:48 PM) [snapback]358928[/snapback]</div>
    It does bother me to some degree although there is also a sense of satisfaction realizing I must be correct on a number of my points and arguments to generate their name calling. The internet is a wonderful thing in that I doubt they would call that to my face - they find a sense of security behind the vail of the internet - almost like hiding behind your mothers dress when you were a kid.

I was brought up differently and operate based on principles that I would pass on to my children and others. It is bothersome to see people who do not find the same responsible behavior patterns acceptable to themselves.

That's it.

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 7 2006, 10:46 AM) [snapback]358828[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, David, that's probably my fault for coming up with the nickname in the first place. At the time, it seemed to represent your behaviour. If you'll play nice, I will too.

8. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 7 2006, 12:14 PM) [snapback]358942[/snapback]</div>
    Many times I've been in discussions on how much leeway a person should be allowed on a forum. I've never accepted this myth that the internet is a magical utopian place you can do things that you would never dare do in person - that's why there are so many flame-wars.

Members that join a forum solely to undermine it (i.e. trollers) and or to be patently rude have no redeeming value protected by free speech. The internet would be a much better place without it. There is still a tremendous amount of freedom among people that can discuss things civily.

9. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  10. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    dbermanmd, i hadn't seen any indication that it bothered you before, and when i joined this thread it seemed like the nickname was already in place... didn't really mean to be insulting with it.

11. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 7 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]358828[/snapback]</div>
    Dr. Berman, your very reasonable request would carry more clout if you yourself abided by it.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 21 2006, 10:18 AM)</div>
    But it's this kind of discourse from you that subtracts, heavily, from anyone seeing that you should be accorded more respect than you show for others.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

12. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Dec 7 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]359001[/snapback]</div>
    Your point is well taken except that I am not directly talking or corresponding to him either once or on a continual basis. If I were I would be more respectfull obviously. And if I did and he asked me to cease and desist I would.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Dec 7 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]358957[/snapback]</div>
    It is not a matter of playing nice. If there is the free flow of ideas and or arguments thats ok. It is when references are made to people that are improper like name calling. I will stand by my opinions including my opinion that name calling is not ok. But I will try to play nice if you will too :)

And thanks for the complement - I was always taught to stick to my guns till the last round was unloaded.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Dec 7 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]358965[/snapback]</div>
    There should always be civility no matter what the method used to transmit those ideas or thoughts. Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Dec 7 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]358979[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you. Not all people with well established nicknames enjoy them I am sure.

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

You know, if you're THAT serious about someone making plays on your SCREEN name over the internet, YOU'RE the one with issues.

:rolleyes:

Cheer up, the Holidays are coming....

:angry:

[​IMG]

Besides, Doberman's are cool....

15. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't know the particulars (nor am I inviting a rehash) of this feud between members.

Just want to clarify my recent remark on internet free speech is a general one not directed at any individual. I have had problems for instance, if someone thinks they can join PC just to bash the Prius or for that matter to bash the purpose of any forum.

16. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dastardly Manor, that's somewhere in England, right?
    _H*

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I wish to honor ALL who have served in defense of their country. My father was in the Ohio Volunteer Infantry in the pacific theatre in WWII and my Great great grandfather was in the Ohio Vounteer Infantry at Gettysburg in the civil war (and was wounded) and , for those who may not know, my son is with the 2nd Marines, 3rd Battalion in Iraq as we speak, (Camp India)

18. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    David, Thank you kindly for starting this thread, it has caused me to pause on a very busy day to offer a silent prayer for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice that horible day.

A friend of mine's father was in Perl that day, can't remember what branch of the service. He will never talk about it, even to his family, does not want to even visit WWII memorials. Shortly after the attack he was restationed back in the US, Detroit as a matter of fact, he is a metalurgist (sp?) and was assigned to Ford for the ramp up building military vehicles.

Often when we hear of the bombing in it's talked about that Manila was bombed the following day, Dec 8th. We forget though that it was actually the same day. You see 7:00AM Dec 7th in HI is also 1:00AM Dec 8th in the Philippines. So actually the bombing of Manila (US territory at that time), was in reality only a few hours after the bombing of Perl Harbour. My father-in-law was very much affected by that incident, thou they lived on Leyte about 700KM south of Manila, my father-in-law quickly joined the Philippine resistance and was actually in a little known branch of the US military for the duration of the war. My father-in-law has unfortunatly passed on before I had the chance to meet him, but I have had the chance to meet a number of people he served with, they related to me that he made life hell for the other side! If you ever get a chance to visit the Philippines, do yourself a favor and visit Corrigador, it is now a national park, you can't even begin to imagine the sacrafice people made untill you see this.

Karl, on a personal note, God's speed to your son in Iraq, I will offer a prayer for his safe and speedy return. When you talk to him next, please give him my heartfull thanks for his service to out country.

19. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 7 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]359012[/snapback]</div>
    So your deep ethical sense is that it's OK to be disrespectful of a person behind his back but if its right to his face it is wrong. What do we call such a person? Many of us have asked you to cease and desist about a lot of things with zero success.

Another thread that had a good purpose at the start ruined by you making it all about yourself......

20. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 9 2006, 09:58 PM) [snapback]359923[/snapback]</div>
    We'll never know how the thread would have gone since the cat (dog) was out of the bag on the second post. It seems to me others chose a different path from what dbermanmd intended.