1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Decided on color

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bredekamp, Mar 11, 2007.

1. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi all, visited a different Toyota dealer than the one I usually visit. It is interesting to see the difference in attitude between sales people at different dealerships. The staff at my local dealership are friendly and curtious of course, but to them the Prius is just another car to be sold. My visit today was different. The salesman was truly passionate about the technology and driving green.

The reason for my visit was that this particular dealer had a red and bronze Prius on the floor. Two colours I have not yet seen in the metal. In South Africa we ONLY get the grey leather interior. I was curious to see how it gells with something like red. In my opinion not that well.... Before someone on this board who own a red Prius shoots me I would like to say that the red we get here is not that gorgeous Barcelona metallic red you have in USA, more of a plain cherry red. It is called Red mica metallic though.....?!? Sorry, aint nothin metallic in that red.

I looked at the Bronze Prius on the showroon floor. WOW. Gorgeous! That's the color I want. All the Prius I saw so far on the roads here are either grey (snore), black (too hot in SA) or light green (never liked green as a car color, love it as a concept). Have not seen red or bronze yet on the roads here.

Question, if all Prii are made in Japan, why are there different colors for different markets? And why the different names?

SA colors (no! colours) are:
    Super White II
    Black
    Blue mica metallic
    Light green metallic
    Bronze mica metallic (the one I want, called "Driftwood Pearl" in USA)
    Red mica metallic
    Grey metallic
    Silver metallic

If you own a Bronze/Driftwood Pearl Prius, lemme see please. Thanks all

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here ya go...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Albertus,

with regards to colour, I have no idea other than the regional offices makes their own name for that region.

Salsa Red = Regency Red = Merlot Red
    Barcelona Red = Red Mica Metallic
    Tideland Pearl = Jade Green Metallic
    Alpine White = Super White II

I don't know the names of the other colours in other parts of the world (like Seaside, Silver Pine, Magnetic Grey etc)

4. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Mar 11 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]403765[/snapback]</div>
    Cool, thanks! B)

5. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You're welcome.
    The driftwood pearl was not my first choice of color. If I had ordered my prius, I would have gotten the tideland blue. But this color was available on the lot the day I went to buy so I took it. It isn't a bad color, tends to hide some of the road dust and salt that we have going on right now.

6. sub3marathonman

sub3marathonman Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Mar 11 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]403950[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you 100% and had the exact same experience, except I wasn't even there to buy a car. I kept refusing to buy it because it had the windows etched from that worthless (IMHO) Toyoguard. I think they reduced the price more than the Toyoguard added and made me an offer I couldn't refuse, just to force me to buy the car after I said I would never buy it with the VIN etching in the glass. They had even offered to try to "de-etch" the glass, but I was worried that would make things even worse. (And yes, it does bother me every day to see the etched glass. But they made up for it with the "You Win" he wrote by their final offer.)

After having it for awhile I think the driftwood pearl color makes the Prius look very classy, the other colors seem more sporty.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Mar 11 2007, 05:52 PM) [snapback]403950[/snapback]</div>
    Seaside Blue Pearl you mean.

8. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Mar 13 2007, 12:01 AM) [snapback]404707[/snapback]</div>
    :D Go for the Super White. The car is like a greenhouse and the more sun you have to contend with the better off you are with white. Check out my guy in Ryolite Nevada, a ghost town near Death Valley California. by clicking on my name (BTW moby dk is not my real license number, I just thought it was funny!) :lol:

Lee

9. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Mar 13 2007, 03:01 AM) [snapback]404707[/snapback]</div>
    yes...that is what I mean...maybe you were on my mind Tideland.... :lol:

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ Mar 11 2007, 02:57 AM) [snapback]403701[/snapback]</div>
    According to The U.K. Toyota site, the colours (sic) are:

Tyrol Silver (I couldn't tell which U.S. silver this was, but then I can't tell the difference between Classic Silver and Millennium Silver)
    Decuma Grey (What in the U.S. is Magnetic Grey)
    Aztec Bronze (Driftwood Pearl)
    Pure White (duh!)
    Vermilion Red (Barcelona Red)
    Verbier Green (Silver Pine)
    Glacier Blue (Seaside Pearl)
    Astral Black (guess)

11. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    click on my username to see mine, fresh and clean after it rained on me numerous times during my first week of ownership

12. jeneric

jeneric New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jgills240 @ Mar 13 2007, 04:15 PM) [snapback]405045[/snapback]</div>
    Also, with the trim rings off. I think I'm a convert.

13. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oh yea, much better without the trim rings!

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 13 2007, 04:13 PM) [snapback]405043[/snapback]</div>
    Tyrol Silver is probably Classic Silver