1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deciding on all weather floor mats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by geologyrox, Jan 6, 2006.

1. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

Well, I've been doing a lot of looking... I wanted exact mats to protect my overpriced floor mats, but people here pointed out that then you end up with a line on the carpet where stuff slops right off. I've since been looking for the best bang for my buck. I need covers for the front,back, and cargo area. The choices as of yet are:

http://www.drivingcomfort.com/index.cfm?fa...id=3390&cid=111
    clear vinyl stuff like exactmat, except with hexagons to catch stuff. Comes out to 179.80 shipped for two front, one back, and cargo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:B:AAQ:US:1
    i e-mailed this guy, who offered a 'package' of the two front, one back, and cargo, for $209.90. Very similar to above - honeycombed clear vinyl

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch...opt_choice_id=0
    weathertech makes an all weather rubber mat set, two front, two rear, and cargo for $210.90.

http://www.matdepot.com/Carmats/Carmats3.c...gory=rubbertite
    black, grey, or tan rubber with 'easy to clean' cups to catch dirt. Two front, two back, and the 'deck mat' with a 10% discount for getting both, and free shipping comes to $118.77
    Also available at http://www.autoanything.com/ for $119.90 shipped
    Hey, available at http://www.thematsite.com/ for $109.90 shipped

http://www.matdepot.com/Carmats/Carmats3.c...ry=protectormat
    basically exactmats - 2 front, 2 back, and the deck mat for $97.11 shipped.

and then there's http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails.asp...=81&SortIndex=9
    whic appear to be the Toyota issue all weather mat - possibly comes with a leaf car? It's a 4 piece set (so likely no cargo mat) for $65 plus (unknown) shipping.

I'm still looking for the Toyota all weather cargo mat - and i seem to recall hearing about a cargo mat for the entire back section with seats down....

anyone who has dealt with any of these, i'd love a review - we've had lots of new members, I can't be the only one planning on keeping their new baby very protected
    EDIT: Whoops, trigger happy. Still working on the rest.

2. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can't help you reviewing all those places. As for myself, I got a thin $19 SUV mat for the front and back. I chose that because it's long. I put that over the Toyota mats and it reached to the right and left edges, and protects the center hump. Then I bought those all weather mats from Costco for about $20-30. Not getting much spillage, and it was a cheaper alternative.

3. skcskcskc

skcskcskc New Member

Geologyrox

I was just informed that my Silver Prius would be delivered in about 30 days. Thus, I'm very interested in your search. I've changed my mind several times on this subject over the last month or so. I'm leaning toward your first listing - clear mats that hold water and dirt. That seems to get around the biggest complaint with Exactmats as you pointed out. Please let me know what you decide.

Steve

4. skcskcskc

skcskcskc New Member

Geologyrox

I decided to make a decision and went with your first listing. They should be shipped in 2 to 3 weeks according to the info provided during the ordering process. I appreciate you pointing out options for the floor mats. I had not considered this particular option. Hopefully, they will arrive in time to be ready for the new Prius. One item down, and several more to go (mud guards, clear bra or bug deflector, window visors, rear bumper protector, side moulding??, Prius hood products, Wheelskin steering wheel cover, windshield heat sunshade, etc.).

Steve

5. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am about to purchase the CARBOX floor mats for my '06 (mats4less.com has them w/ free shipping) They only mention that it fits for 2004-2005. I am pretty sure that, besides the back seats, they didn't change anything else on the inside...and would think that they didn't change the Floor design any.

Anybody know for sure?

6. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

Tripod, you saved me. Carbox mats are exactly what I need - I loved the Weathertech boxlike cargo mats, but their floor mats are the same rubber types. Carbox it is for me - if I happen to get mine before you (doubtful) I'll let you know how they fit. ~$160 shipped, and I'll probably get a set of cheap mats (will have to see what will stay in the carbox without sliding) for the sake of the look. Thanks so much!

7. nmgreen

nmgreen New Member

We wanted to order our '06 with only the all weather mats, and not the full carpet mats. The dealer said all the cars are coming from Japan with just the carpet floor set. Is that true, as far as ya'll understand? Anyone been able to get just the all-weather mats without the other more expensive dirt catchers? thanks

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    HOLY EXPENSIVE MATS!!!

we got the oem a/w mats. i didn't think of getting the rear cargo mat- that's a good idea. but anyway, we paid $60 with the discount, they list around $80. when DH gets back i'll have him check out any info on the cargo mat.

9. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

geologyrox & tripod137, have either of you received your Carbox liners? I'm considering one (a lot cheaper than the Weathertech) but was concerned about materials (looks a bit "glossy" on their website) and fit. Any feedback yet?

10. Dripps

Dripps New Member

OK I give up. Where did you see those CARBOX mats? I looked at mats4less and don't see them. I want to be sure to review all my choices before I make this big decision.

Nevermind...found them. Was looking on matsdepot -- duhhhhh! not mats4less.com

Anyway, they do look interesting and would love to hear feedback from anyone who has received these! Thanks.

11. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

http://store.yahoo.com/floormats4less/prcaiicali.html

12. skcskcskc

skcskcskc New Member

I got those from Driving Comfort (1st reference in this thread). They are quite nice. The only problem is that the one-piece rear one is too long (both sides are cut properly - too much length in the middle). They will pay for return and replacement, but this is a pain. However, I like them enough to wait. I also may need to trim a little off the cargo one after adding my new WET OKOLE seat covers (these covers are great and rather thick). All in all, I am quite impressed. I have these on top of the stock fabric mats.

Steve

13. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

Ijust got them last week - they fit well. Not quite as well as in those pictures, but more than well enough to provide great coverage. It's not glossy, but it's somewhat slick. I stuck a set of cheap carpet mats in the boxes, to have a different surface for my feet. It slides a little, but better than the slick floor.

I love having them, though - I can worry so much less about the weather and tracking stuff in =)

EDIT: My husband believes they will fit even better after a season of Florida summer warming them up every day. Also, we didn't get the cargo mat because I was afraid it would have a stiff lip at the far front, and we put the backseats down so often I thought it would end up warped. It's not like I'll ever spill a drink in the cargo area ::knock on wood:: and it's a large area, so one of the flat mats with grooves should catch most anything. Haven't gotten the cargo mat yet, I'll let you all know what I end up with

14. notsure

notsure New Member

I picked up the set from sigma, they fit great. Even say prius on them.

Also the cargo mat (waterproof) very nice material and flexible. Just covers the area when the seats are up, but that is what I wanted.

15. janrn

janrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Where did you grt your sigma mats?

16. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that's the way ours arrived from the boat. We just got the oem Toyota all weather mats today. They are quite heavy-duty and should work out well for us. The factory mats will be stored until the weather dries out (maybe July :blink: ?).

17. Dripps

Dripps New Member

I've only seen the OEM all weather mats in BLACK. Has anyone seen Toyota mats for Prius in Beige (to match my Bisque leather interior)?

It's crazy because I know the carpeted floor set that came from Toyota are to protect the carpet but I don't want THEM (mats) to get covered with sand, snow and road salt....so I cover them. Right now I have my old EXACT mats from my previous car on them, cut to fit by me. But they don't cover to each side and also they've gotten very yellow/brown in areas even though I washed them. For this reason I won't be buying exact mats again, although it's serving it's purpose in the cargo area.

I'm still deciding on the best solution. It's crazy....something as trivial as this should take 2 seconds of thought....but I'm obsessing over every aspect of my new baby.

18. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got the Carbox mat for the hatch. Snug fit. Looks great. Love this mat.

I didn't go w/ the CARBOX for the "interior" as I was worried that the high sides of the front mats might start to shrink/curl in over time (We got someone elses carbox type mats for my wife's suv and they are not staying flush w/ the rug anymore...so...on occassion, you can catch your foot on it while getting in). For the Prius, so other mats whos rear seat mats convered the hump. I can't remember the name of them right now , but I can find out when I get home. I would have liked a better fit for the fronts, but they seem to be the same style/configuration that they sell at my Toyota Dealership.

But the Carbox cargo mat is great...yes..it covers up the tie-down loops in the front...but I rarely, if ever, use those anyway.

19. kb102599

kb102599 New Member

20. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV