1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Decoupling

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lilfos, Feb 20, 2012.

1. lilfos

lilfos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello future brethren and sistren,

My 2000 4Runner was totaled a few months ago, finally giving me the opportunity to buy a Prius. I phrase it that way because I had calculated that I would have to drive the 4Runner another 100,000 miles before it would have been cheaper to buy a Prius...and yes, I do realize that emissions are a big reason to get a Prius in addition to fuel costs. While the 4Runner was good at transporting stuff and good at transporting people, it was not great at either. I loved it, but was always slightly dissatisfied faced with tasks like hauling mulch or taking long road trips. I am now preparing to purchase an old Tacoma* for the former and a Prius for the latter.

I've been lurking the PriusChat halls for weeks, waiting for the 2012s to come in, and studying the options, features, and prices of both the 2011s and 2012s. After careful consideration, I am (hopefully) days away from purchasing a 2012 IV in Nautical Blue.

See you in the Gen III forum!

* I wish the diesel versions were readily available in the States so I could run on vegetables

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Congrats on taking that first big mental step. Once you get it and puts some miles under your belt, you'll wonder why you thought any standard ICE vehicle as worth it.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome:, all the best with your search!

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Welcome, and very wise choice. Before you know it, you'll be like many of us nut jobs ... winning over others from their Ford F-150's ... their Silverados, Armadas, Yukons, Range Rovers, etc. They too (like me) will be saying, "WHAT was I thinking?!?"
    ;)