1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DjEZ, Jun 13, 2007.

1. DjEZ

DjEZ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ive experienced deers crossing the road in front of me once on my motorcycle and twice on my old car.(luckily i havent hit one)

They will jump out ,usually a group of two or more. Which makes you think that they do it for fun like how teenagers will play chicken or that they do wait in the bushes and when they hear a car coming they will tell everybody to jump/run as a dare.

Last sunday (sunset)we were driving in the country and saw a couple of deer ready to jump,but they didnt and for me they look confused, made me think that they were unsure if whats coming is a car or not.I slowed down and they still stood on the side of the road, only run after i openned the windows.

If youve seen the ford escape hybrid comercial, Ive just experienced that.

Does the deer whistle work?Those small things you attach under the car?

Have a Good Day

2. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I lived in Iowa, we had the deer whistles on all of our cars, never hit a deer. So I'm guessing they must work, or maybe we were just lucky. Who knows!

3. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DjEZ @ Jun 13 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]460773[/snapback]</div>
    No.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DjEZ @ Jun 13 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]460773[/snapback]</div>
    No, they are pure snake oil. A deer hit for any given car is unlikely, so if you install deer whistles it is unlikely you will hit a deer. If you don't install deer whistles, it's still unlikely. You would be better off putting baseball cards in your spokes.

Tom