1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Default City

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by adamwmcanally, Oct 13, 2006.

1. adamwmcanally

adamwmcanally New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've read the manual and can't seem to find if you are able to set a default city when entering destinations in the NAV. I know its not that big of a deal hitting the city button and choosing my city from the top 5 list, but it bugs me. Any ideas?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Usually you don't have to enter the city. The combination of street number and street name is unique enough (I know, "unique" is an absolute, but you know what I mean) to identify a specific location in the region. A few times I have entered a number and street and the nav has asked me to choose a city, usually far apart, e.g., Portland (OR) and Spokane (WA).

What's more frustrating to me is when road construction creates new addresses and the nav insists the number doesn't exist on the street you've named. Then I just enter the closest address the nav has, drive to it, and start looking at house numbers.