1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Defroster problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FishHawk, Jul 11, 2006.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

I tried my defroster today and it didn't seem to work that well. The conditions outside the car were very humid with heavy rain. In my RAV4 under the same conditions I was able to defrost the windows without a problem. What am I doing wrong? Put the setting on the front window with the AC on. Perhaps this worsened the condition because of the high humidity. Thanks for your input FishHawk

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The only thing you should have to do to defog your front windshield is touch the windshield airflow switch... [attachmentid=4080]

At least that's what page 295 of the manual says.

3. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

yes, brandon is correct. just press that button and it will clear it quite fast, at least mine does.

4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are two buttons the one Brandon posted is for the windshield, the other is for the back window. The AC comes on with the front defroster and as RichBoy said it clears the windshield quite fast.

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with the responses so far, but I'll just add that what FishHawk did should work. In theory, all that the "defrost" setting does is direct air-conditioned air onto the windshield.

6. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have noted in the past that if the inside of the rear window gets really fogged up, sometimes there's nothing that you can do short of taking a towel to it that will clear it up.

... well, I guess you could just ask everyone in the car to hold their breath and top emitting body heat, but seriously...

7. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What seems to work best for me when front fogs up is to put defroster on with HEAT!! The more heat! the faster it works.Not so great though when u dont want to heat up the inside if the car.Opening up the windows abit will also help.

8. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Jul 11 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]284634[/snapback]</div>
    Won't happen if you have it set to Auto/AC.