1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deja Vu

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarinJohn, Dec 27, 2006.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Granted this is from the Smirking Chimp, a left-wing rag, but really, would anything surprise us anymore?

Read full text here
    http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/4177

Crime of the Century: Are Bush & Cheney Planning Early Attack on Iran?
    by Dave Lindorff | Dec 24 2006 - 8:50am |

Back on October 9, I wrote in The Nation that it looked like the Bush-Cheney gang,
    worried about the November election, was gearing up for an unprovoked attack on Iran's
    nuclear facilities, with a carrier strike group led by the USS Eisenhower being ordered
    to depart a month early from Norfolk, VA to join the already-on-station USS Enterprise.
    That article was based on reports from angry sailors based on the Eisenhower who had
    leaked word of their mission.

There was, thankfully, no attack on Iran before Election Day, but it is starting to look
    like I may have been right about the plan after all, but wrong about the timing.

As the threat of a catastrophic US election-eve attack on Iran started to look increasingly
    likely, reports began to trickle out of the Pentagon that the generals and admirals were
    protesting. They knew that the US military is stretched to the limit in Iraq and
    Afghanistan, and that a war with Iran would be a disaster of historic proportions...
    That joint effort appeared to have blocked Bush and Cheney’s war plan, but the reprieve may
    have only been temporary.

It now appears that the idea of attacking Iran is again moving forward.
    The Eisenhower strike force, armed with some 800 Tomahawk cruise missiles as well as a
    fleet of strike aircraft, and already on station in the Arabian Sea for over a month
    and a half, has moved into the Persian Gulf. A second carrier group, led by the USS Stennis,
    is steaming toward the Gulf, too...

The idea of hitting Iran may make sense from the Bush-Cheney bunker, where the only
    consideration is not what's good for the country, but what's good for Bush and Cheney.
    After all, if you’re losing your war in Iraq, and if you have hit bottom politically at
    home (Bush's public support ratings are now down in the 20s, where Nixon's were just
    before his resignation, and Cheney's numbers have been in the teens for months), and if
    the public is clamoring for an end to it all--and maybe for your heads, too--expanding the
    conflict and putting the nation on a full war footing can look like an attractive even if
    desperate gambit.

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Dec 27 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]367354[/snapback]</div>
    Wait a minute, aren't we already disengaging from the struggle in Iraq...with a proposed surge in the size of our Armed Forces...?

An attack must mean that the WAR IS OVER!!!!

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Dec 27 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]367354[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, if you perused anything but left-wing rags. :p :lol:

Care to try to defend another one of your ultra liberal conspiracy theorist topics you started? . . . the one which was so thoroughly debunked. :p
    http://priuschat.com/rising-gas-prices-t27645.html

4. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think I have seen this film before...

5. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Dec 28 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]367973[/snapback]</div>
    another right-wing commie pinko hit man on PC. FYI if you were at all familiar with most of my posts and not selectively going for the jugular you would know not only that I peruse daily the five most right-wing pubs I know about but you would know which ones since I have stated so publicly here. So...in order to get as 'educated' as possible you now know I read 5 right wing rags daily. do you? and to be fair, do you read at least 5 left-wing rags daily??? before you lie and say yes, consider that I won't automatically believe you and I am going to test your honesty and ask you which ones and what they said x # of days ago. go ahead and lie now, dude. not all of us are hit men, and do at least try to understand both sides of the aisle. Peace out, sweetie.

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Dec 29 2006, 07:52 AM) [snapback]368199[/snapback]</div>
    So, exposing your blatantly false crap makes me a hit man? :rolleyes:

Do you STILL believe US gas prices were manipulated for the election? :lol:

I provided irrefutable proof they weren't. You provided silence. Wth? :huh:

Go ahead and read the five most right-wing pubs you can find . . . but if your purpose is to only find fault, it doesn't matter how many pubs you read, you are hopelessly prejudiced and will learn nothing except how to convince yourself that you are not naively biased.

Me: No, I don't religiously read a set number of rags per day – and many days I neither have the time or inclination to do so. Nor do I flick on and off the light switch five times before entering a room to convince myself that the light is really on. But I certainly wouldn't start a post insinuating that US gas prices were manipulated in order to help get Republicans (or Democrats) elected – especially when the truth is sooooo easy to find.

Hit man? Sure. With that easy of a target, why not. Certainly the other posters on this board with your political bent aren't going to step-up and say, “Um, MarinJohn, I'm sorry, I believe you may have made a booboo in your post, and that may make us liberals look bad.†No, they would rather sit back and let misinformation fester for political expediency.
    Sorry, that don't play with this homie.

So, what was it you were saying about gas prices???? Your silence on the subject makes me suspicious that you didn't learn anything from this “right-wing commie pinko hit man†- just like I doubt you learn anything from those five right-wing rags - because of the source, not the credibility of the information. If you can't acknowledge your mistakes, that makes me suspicious about anything you may have to say in the future.

Here, let me make it easy . . .
    http://priuschat.com/rising-gas-prices-t27645.html
    . . . so you don't have to bother to scroll to find it. . .

7. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ouch! That'll leave a mark.