1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deleting XM radio stations?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by aaf709, Jan 1, 2023.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Is there a way to delete radio presets and not just reassign them to a different station? I added some channels for the holidays and now they are no longer needed. I know I can just reassign them to a channel I already have, but I don't want to do that.

I did a search and saw that the last time this was discussed was in 2017. This is for a 2022 Limited.

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On my much older version, I don't think there were any presets that were unassigned. All pointed to something, and not just 000 or 001. At least on my vintage of Prius, it doesn't matter which band is initially selected, the presets can point to any band (XM / FM / AM), so I have some mixed pages with something pointing to each band.

On my other vehicle yesterday, I was setting new presets on pages that hadn't been touched since the last battery change (or possibly even from the factory). All the 'un-assigned' presets were actually pointing to the lowest channel of the band.

3. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Of course disconnecting the battery will clear everything, but I don't want to go that far. I'll see if there's something I can reassign them to.

4. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Disconnecting the battery will probably cause the ECM to have to relearn everything; something to be avoided I would think. Is there a fuse for the head unit? Maybe pulling that instead is a good method.

On my 2017 Plus I can set how many presets show on the radio. I set the lower ones to the stations I wanted and then set the limit to not show the upper ones I didn't. I think it goes in steps of 5 or something, so this isn't perfect.

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just dealt with this in my Mazda, maybe it'll be similar in a Toyota?

I parked the cursor on the preset I didn't want, and then held down the "ok" button for about 3 seconds. Then I got a popup asking me if I wanted to move or delete the preset.

So... maybe try a long press?

6. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Unfortunately it links the current channel to that preset, or reassigns if the preset already has a channel. Thanks for the reply.