1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery delay due to flat tire

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ELockhart, Oct 25, 2006.

1. ELockhart

ELockhart New Member

First, I must say this is a wonderful web site and forum with great information exchange and tips....... "Thanks"

Second, I am VERY EXCITED :D about buying a 2007 Prius, especially after ALL the "positive" posts I've read on this site and others..... I eagerly await for it to arrive (maybe tomorrow)!!! It's a "Silver Pine Mica" with Opt. Pkg. #6.

HOWEVER, after having purchased last Friday (Oct. 20), expecting a delivery on Monday, I was disappointed when it had not arrived by Tuesday. I stopped by the dealer and, after they called the distribution center, I was told my Prius had a flat tire. :eek: They stated that Toyota required an analysis and inspection be done to determine why the tire went flat and it would be done ASAP. I stopped by again today (Wednesday) to be told that the tire was changed and it was being shipped early tomorrow with possible delivery tomorrow afternoon (Thursday).... I'm excited!

My question/concern is:

Any thoughts as to why the tire went flat, should I be concerned about any possible "hidden" damage, and should I be nervous about taking delivery :unsure: ???

Thanks for any "re-assuring" (or not) comments....... B)

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ELockhart @ Oct 25 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]338396[/snapback]</div>
    I wouldn't worry, it could be something simple like a leaky valve stem. Just look it over carefully, and enjoy your new car.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, i wouldn't be too worried. Odds are there was just some manufacturing defect in the tire (it does happen on occasion, what with millions of cars hitting the road each year and each of them having 4 tires...) like a leaky valve stem. At any rate, it shouldn't effect any other part of the car, and they replaced it, so no harm no foul!