1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery delays

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by zdenok, May 19, 2011.

1. zdenok

zdenok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm pissed off by importer(from Czech republic) to our region. When I've ordered back in January I was told that the delivery should be within 6 weeks (so in this case by July). I paid 3000€ advance for my order. In contract I can back out of contract if the delivery would not take place within two months of original delivery date. In February importer had May 21st as delivery date to their stock. Then there was this problem with tsunami and I have waited patiently when they would change this estimate. I've waited a long time and then in April they changed that date do July 1st. I was a bit surprised as I was on one side hoping that it can be true and on the other side I knew that there were big problems in Japan so I expected that they would not be able to make it till July. Yesterday I've had an e-mail from my dealer's salesperson and he stated that nothing changed in importer's system, date is still July 1st. I've replied that if that is the case then it should be already manufactured and loaded on the ship as it takes 6 weeks to transport by boat from Japan to Europe. He then checked directly with importer and they checked probably with Japan and now they say that the delivery would be on October!!! If they would have said to me back in April that the delivery would be probably during September/October I would have accepted that more easily that this. At least my dealer's salesperson asked them what compensation they can make for such a long waiting time and they said that I can have first three regular services completely free. I'm still not sure of it's enough compensation for having my money on their account for such a long time and misleading me about delivery times.:mad:

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How can you tell that a car dealer is lying? His lips are moving.

In the US I waited six months to get my 2004. If you want a particular set of features and don't buy one off-the-lot this is the chance you take.

3. zdenok

zdenok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think it is the dealer that is lying this time. All he was doing initially was checking importer's system for delivery date. When I asked him for some more info he checked by phone with importer and phoned me back immediately. I'm 95% sure that this was primarily importers error, not dealer's. I would never get a car from a lot hear as our dealers don't have more than one Prius at the time for demo (now my dealer does not have even that one as it was sold). Maybe they would find some with basic equipment in the importer's stock bud definitely not Premium package and for sure not with ATP... Maybe I would check with other dealers what delivery times they would expect if I've ordered now.

4. jayselle

jayselle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The root cause of the issue is with Toyota. They've always had a rudimentary process for managing inventory. When and if the Prius shows up seems to be a mystery. Even in the US when the car hits port in Houston it's still anyones guess when it will arrive.

5. zdenok

zdenok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will check tomorrow with other dealer what delivery times they will provide as its 5 months till October and original waiting time was 6 months, so it seems a very long prolongation.

6. zdenok

zdenok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Other dealer reported that the production is back to 100% and that they have confirmed delivery times of 5,5 to 6 months for new orders!

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Toyota has said that production won't return 100% until the Fall so I doubt the importer.

Based on the interest rates here no one is making much money on your deposit.

In Europe cars aren't built on spec then sitting on lots. Customers have to order them so they get what they want. Funny how that works in Europe but doesn't work here.

You & the importer are stuck in the same unfortunate situation. If you really want the car & can afford to wait it out then do so & get whatever compensation you can. If you ask for a refund you will have your money back but it will be a longer wait to get your car as you are not in line.

Some of us have paid deposits for a car that isn't built with unknown options & pricing and no delivery schedule. The payback is that we'll get a car "sooner" rather than "later". Patience.

8. zdenok

zdenok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    look here Toyota's Future Production as of May 11, 2011 | TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION GLOBAL WEBSITE for info - "Production is, depending on the region and the vehicle model, expected to be carried out at approximately 70% of normal in June, on global basis." On 70% globally. Prius Plant in Toyota City was not affected directly so I still believe that it can be up and running to 100% by now but I understand that there is some delay in production so the waiting time will be longer. What irritates me is that they did not rescheduled estimated delivery realistically the first time so I have big doubts if they got it right this time.
    I could have used the money to work for me instead of making turnover at the dealer.
    Some dealers in Europe make orders by themselves by their preferences to have something to show the customers but there are no big lots. Importers probably have some models on their storage.
    What I really don't understand is, how it's possible to declare 6 months delivery for a dealer at this time, when some who ordered 4 months earlier still has to wait another 4,5 months?
    When I will withdraw my deposit I will order Citroen C4 Grand Picasso with e-HDi engine. I would not get that super low fuel consumption (43 mpg city, 48 mpg combined) but for roughly the same price I'll get much more space, it'll be a bit more fun to drive with 6 speed EGS gearbox (robotized) and it should take only three months from order to delivery. But still I would prefer Prius...

9. zdenok

zdenok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I've received a good news today, delivery should be in August. I think it was worth to contact importer directly to check real dates.

iPhone ?
    Zdenok