1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery Info (from Toyota Chat)

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by bilofsky, Nov 24, 2011.

1. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Trying to get a clearer picture of the delivery schedule and process, I asked my dealer and also Toyota Live Chat. The answers are below.

My confirmation was delayed 12 hours because of a price snafu, so I'm pretty far down in the pre-order list. Anyone have any idea how long it will take to fill all the pre-orders?

From the dealer: "At some point the order system will update with a production month, then a week or date, then shipping transit information and finally an arrival date. First production is scheduled for February so I would look for more specific updates starting in January."

Here's the (edited) chat:

GPer: Welcome to Toyota Live Chat. How may I help you?

Me: I have a plug-in Prius on pre-order. When will I find out the delivery date?

GPer: First deliveries of the Prius Plug-in to dealerships will begin in March 2012. Actual delivery of an online order will vary based on three factors.

First, available quantities will vary by state. In states with high demand, customers should expect longer wait times for their ordered vehicle.

Second, occasionally orders cannot be built in the month originally estimated, due to fluctuations in the supply of parts and plant capacity. Toyota will notify ordering customers of the exact production month of their vehicle when that information becomes available.

Lastly, actual delivery time will vary based on shipping schedules and geography. Generally, for West Coast dealerships, delivery will occur approximately 20-40 days after the vehicle is assembled, and approximately 30-60 days after assembly for East Coast dealerships. In certain cases, vehicles can be delivered either before or after the typical timing. Of course, we'll keep you up to date on the status of your vehicle along the way.

Me: When will I see an estimated delivery date?

GPer: You will be sent emails with updates on your vehicle. When it's being manufactured at the factory and where it is on the production line as well as when the vehicle is shipped and delivered at the dealer for pick up.

5 people like this.