1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery Problems with 2010 Toyota Prius II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Hatman, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Hatman

Hatman Junior Member

Model:
    II
    I don't want to sound like a baby, but in the world of instant gratification, Toyota is really dropping the ball on the delivery of my 2010 Prius. Yeah building a car is difficult, then shipping the car half way around the world is truly a task for any company. But this is Toyota. Toyota has been shipping cars through those sea shipping lanes for years. Why should I inquire if the ship with my 2010 Prius has arrived. And why should Toyota dealers take my deposit money and sit on the money and repeatily answer with the same answer when I inquire about the car "I don't know when your car is arriving". I communicate throughout the world during the corse of my work everyday. So why can't Toyota build a network communication system where Toyota dealers can tap into the system and answer your question in a more confident manner. This waiting game is for the birds. I wanted to hit the beaches and enjoy all those summer getaways with my new 2010 Toyota Prius. Now I have to get up before the rosters and get on line at the car rental just to salavage the summer. For the record I drove the Honda Insight Hybrid, and the car drove sloppy. The dash looked ugly and the car no pep when I hit the gas. Now I find myself looking around to see if someone is driving the 2010 Prius, like a smuck. I saw the car once in NYC and the couple looked so cool inside as they drove by. But I can't help it. I want that feeling when I can go onto the computer and instantly buy almost any thing, and in three days it's delivered. I guess I'll hang tight and continue to wait like a smuck for the car of my dreams.

2. gmalis1

gmalis1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh...be patient and quit whining like a baby.

Your car will get there...and if not, have you checked other dealers to see what the status might be with their shipments?

3. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Now that the CARS program is ending, you should hopefully be able to get your Prius. I'm surprised they won't tell you when to expect the car.

Maybe try other dealers, start looking in NJ. Another shipment should be coming to the area this week. My salesman knew 3 weeks in advance an approximate date that the car would be coming. I got the VIN# and spec sheet last week.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This was possible before C4C (I did exactly that and Longo Toyota delivered the car to my house), and will be a possibility once again soon. You bought at the wrong time.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't it crazy? June of 2008, the poop had hit the fan. People were calling across the country to find a certain color/package of Prius. National shortage. I put my name on a waiting list.

Then some dealers had the markups - 2 Prius' at a massive dealership all accessorized and Priced at $38k , $40k .. package 2's!!

Look back and see the 'waiting list support group' threads from last year.

6. CPSDarren

CPSDarren CPS Technician

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dealers prey on consumers buying high demand vehicles. Be glad there isn't a 3 month waiting list. Then, they'd take your deposit and say they'll give you a call in a few months and you take whatever color and options come with the car when they call you and pay sticker price + markup. Or, they'll call you every week before your custom ordered car arrives, offering you an "extra shipment" that is just like what you wanted, but has a couple thousand dollars of paint sealant, undercoating, fabric protectant, etc...

The only real solution is to try a different dealer or pick a different car that isn't in high demand and/or low supply. I'm guessing the deals will be pretty good by the end of the quarter when demand dries up and dealers are desperate again.

7. atfsi

atfsi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes...I called every dealer I could find to get a II on CFC......finally found one on a ship coming to NYC...made it just in the nick of time !

(no choice of color of course)

8. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI,
    In Japan, the waiting list is more than eight months long.

Ken@Japan

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    God, give me patience & I want it now.

So why can't a retail customer place an order, then get a build date & a ship date? Toyota still has some distance to cover.