1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery punch list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jim06, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Jim06

Jim06 Member

I'm planning to pick up our new '06 Prius on January 2nd. Has anyone put together a list of things to be concerned about when taking delivery from the dealer? I'm wondering about questions we should ask the dealer, things we should look at on the car, things we should sure to do or not do, etc.

Thanks!

2. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

Go into the dealership with a list of what you want up front and try to get some concessions with the sales magr before you're sent to the leagal guy who will want to sell you on the warantee, the paint and fabric coating, etc.

If you're paying top dollar, you may want to try to get the mudflaps thrown in and if you really want some of the other extras offer them what you are willing to pay early in the process.

There seems to be no discount for cash and as the 06's are such hot cars, little wiggle room, but at least you have the satisfaction of trying!

Good luck and happy holidays!

3. Truffles

Truffles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am picking up my 2006 Prius tomorrow. Seaside Pearl with Package #8.

I also would find it helpful if there's anything I also should check for before driving it off the lot.

I know to check paint or body damage. Is is there anything less obvious that I should look out for?

Bill
    Antioch, CA

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    See also <a href=\'http://priuschat.com/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=24\' target=\'_blank\'>Taking Delivery of a Prius: A Survival Guide</a>.

Congratulations on a smart choice!

5. Jim06

Jim06 Member

Thanks Liz. Hopefully the financial haggling has already been settled, and theoretically we're just trading our check for their car at this point. I do plan on reviewing the fine print though!

6. Jim06

Jim06 Member

There's a wealth of information there Bill. Thanks much. I'm glad I have a little time to review it! I'll start today. Thanks again.

-Jim

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    List way too big :) Print this one item from that list and take it with you: http://www.vfaq.net/docs/pickup_checklist.html

You might want to install the license plate holder(s) yourself. Sometimes the dealer's gorilla will lose Toyota's bolts and use the wrong kind (that is, self-tapping instead of machine bolts with the proper thread) that tear up the metal on your nice new car. There's even a horror story somewhere on this site (or maybe over on PriusOnline) about a dealer drilling new holes in the car.

8. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Thanks Doods! B)
    I have added a new Taking_Delivery_of_Your_Prius section in the Toyota_Prius_FAQ and put links to both these in this section.
    I'll be bringing printouts of both when I pick up Megumi on January 02, 2006. :D