1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery tomorrow, Central Arkansas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MasterRa, Mar 17, 2006.

1. MasterRa

MasterRa New Member

Well.. i've been lurking here on the forums for about the last 6 months - And, for all of that time, i've been waiting on my car!

So.. First i'd like to say that i live in Little Rock, Arkansas. As for the dealers here - we really only have two choices, and one of them was rude to me right away, so I was left with only one choice (North Point Toyota, in case anyone cares).

I signed up with them, put my $500 down, and waited for about 4 months. I called my salesman regularly, and he always said it should be arriving shortly.. this got pretty furstrating after a while, and at the end of those 4 months, i called around to some other area dealers, and ended up putting another $500 down with Caldwell Toyota in Conway. After only 1 month they called and said my car was on the way, and would arrive in about a month. Well it's here, 2 days early, and i'm going in tomorrow to pick it up! I'm so excited i'm making myself sick! :D

So.. i just wanted to say that there is at least one good dealer in this area.
    It's disapointing though that i had to go to two before i had a good experience.

Anyone else buying in the Central AR area?

-Quasar

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Quasar,

Give you joy of yer shiney new ride. Congrats. A friend of mine from high school (I grew up in Savannah, GA) moved to Conway. Funny to hear that name again. Glad the experience turned out nicely after all of the bloody waiting.

3. MasterRa

MasterRa New Member

Well, i got the car today! Yay!
    I'm so excited!

Just took some pics, and am in the process of uploading them.

It went great with the dealer - they didn't try to overcharge me, although they gave me less for my tade than i was hoping, but i had no leverage there (it was either take it or wait another 6 months!).

One thing though - the PriusChat site doesn't wor properly for me in Firefox! What's up with that? I can only login via IE. I can read posts just fine in Firefox, but i can't login and make posts! Help!

4. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

Congrats on the new car, still waiting on mine almost as long as you... as to firefox it works fine for me do you have the latest version?

5. MasterRa

MasterRa New Member

Yes, i have the latest version - 1.5.0.1, with Cookies enabled.
    It's never worked for me in any version of Firefox. When i try to login, it just takes me back to the login page, over and over again.

6. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm. That's weird. It works fine for me under Firefox (on Linux, no less). One little quirk that I found was that if you go to "www.priuschat.com" it will forget your login information. HOWEVER, if you go to "priuschat.com" (i.e. drop the "www"), then it will remember the info.

Your problem sounds a bit different than this, but you could see if that makes things any better.

7. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I use Firefox almost exclusivly on Linux, OS X and XP - never had that problem. Hmm... Strange that when I tried the two different urls, I got prompted to login at www.priuschat.com although I had already logged in in another window at priuschat.com.

Dave

8. C Clay

C Clay Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Quasar, do you still have your prius? I'm in central Arkansas and trying to find someone familiar with the Gen1

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    quasar was last seen in 2007. you, my friend, are an incurable optimist!(y)