1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Delivery tomorrow morning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Skipper, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Skipper

Skipper New Member

I'm taking delivery on a black '05 Package 6 Prius in the morning. Any final advice?

Skipper

2. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    get the Prius pickup checklist from the files section..

(on list but) check tires, oil, got nav then check region, make sure both fob's operate the car ... have dealer check vin to database... any recalls that the port missed? just a nit to get done later.. most of the ones that have come out can wait a week or so... the have not been like: your wheels fall off... ;)

Take quote that you can get ext. war. from the PC deal (see sticky thread above).. if they match great get it ... if not then pass. and get the PC deal... and if you get the "but that deal is not from Toyota" tell them to take their Male Bovine Excremant (you know BS) elsewhere.. but thanks for the concern for your wellfare.

And the number one thing to remember most of all that has been said here and on the other groups: "Just Drive it" and have fun...

congrads and the best of luck... Oh and Happy New Year..

3. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    CHECK YOUR ENGINE OIL LEVEL!!!! i got mine with too much in it and it decreased my mpg by 6 mpg

4. Skipper

Skipper New Member

Only hours away now. Thanks for the advice. The dealer already tried to sell me the extended warrantee and made disparaging remarks about getting one off the Internet. I will pass on the dealer's extended warrantee.

I will be paying MSRP plus dealer prep, taxes, and tags. The total cost, about $27K will still be about $3K less than a comparably equipped Subaru Legacy and get about twice the gas mileage. The Prius will replace my wife's old Subaru as a commuter car traveling 60+ miles per day.

I'm looking forward to my first Prius adventure drive and a whole new "green" 2005.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What's this doing in "Performance Mods"??? Shouldn't this be in the Main Forum?