1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Democrat PRE-Straw Poll for '06

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    The Republican Presidential Straw Poll has pretty much petered out, and served its purpose.

I'm gonna put up a Dem Straw Poll, but am having a hard time drawing the line on whom to include/exclude. It's likely to be even more wide-open than '04, at least at the beginning.

I'm going to include: Kerry, Hillary, Edwards, Vilsack, Biden, Richardson and Bayh, even though the candidacies of the last four are either just emerging or "fragile" at best.

I think Barack Obama would be premature this go-around, even though he creates buzz. I also think Gen. Clark won't get off the ground this time---but he has supporters, and if some here want him in, ok.

Thoughts?

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I think both dems and reps are pretty much cut out of the same flawed cloth and have not voted for either party in at least 16 years, but if Hillary runs I will campaign and vote for her. Although I think she is still cut of the same cloth as the rest, (pathuiii) :p I would hold my nose and vote for her just to counter the nasty way the republican and religious zealots have torn this country apart for the last 15 years. I know they hate and fear her, so she must be good.

3. jchu

jchu New Member

How about John McCain :p :p :p

I remember when the rumor mill had Kerry talking to McCain about being his running mate??!!??

4. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would add Gen Wesley Clark.