1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dems take the Senate

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by etyler88, Nov 8, 2006.

1. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    D's take the Senate. You heard it here first. The one unreported county in Montana only has 1900 people in it (maybe ahlf will vote), so not enough votes for Burns to overtake (he would have to take that county at 100%).

So does anybody know or willing to guess who the Senate majority leader will be? I guess Chuck Schumer.

Interesting fact: The top two fundraisers for the D's are women. Pelosi and Hillary. So I guess Hilliart could be majority leader if she wanted it.

2. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Nov 8 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]345474[/snapback]</div>

A recount is likely in Virginia. Question: Were these electronic votes and if so, how are electronic votes recounted?

3. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Whoops, scratch Schumer. Forgot about Harry Reid, he will be majority leader.

There are 21,000 absentee votes in in MT so ........

4. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Recounts in VA and MT will occur, either because a candidate requests it, or automatic statutory requirements in close elections.

The Dems are leading in both races by a few thousand votes, with >99% reporting.

VERY encouraging, especially in VA where the remaining precincts are northern areas of the state that vote democratic anyway.

In MT, the repub candidate is one of the abramoff (sp?) corruption clique. It will be a sorry irony if the repubs hold on to the Senate with one of their leading scumbuckets. If he wins, will he be allowed to vote from a jail cell ?

5. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The republicans will probably make a big deal of Virginia...then sneak into Montana with some dangling chads and win by a few hundred votes. Could be the movie of the week soon. :D

6. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Nov 8 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]345544[/snapback]</div>

The Supreme court has already been notified to be ready for the conference call to stop the recount.

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It looks like it's all up to Virginia now. I've heard a couple reports that Montana has been called for the Democrat.

8. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Yep, and Webb is up ~ 8000 votes in VA.

I think it will be surprising if the Senate does not end up in democratic hands.

To the Neo-cons, I say GOOD RIDDANCE from the federal government, and fervently hope they go to Iraq before the war ends. That of course is only wishful thinking, chickenhawk cowards that they are.

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

"To the Neo-cons, I say GOOD RIDDANCE"

The neocons seemed to me to represent the dark side of the American psyche. On the one hand you have all the good qualities about Americans - optimism, energy, confidence. That was the US when I first came here in 1996. Then the sky darkened with impeachments, Ken Starr - it just got worse and worse. Then came Bush and corruption, paranoia, false terror attacks, wars, deficits, fear, lies, and a rejection of reality itself in favor of "faith-based" government. Pearle, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney - I think the whole neocon movement will be seen as the worse thing that happened to the US since Vietnam. The neocons were not conservatives. They were dangerous radicals. Conservatives do not take a budget surplus and turn it into the biggest deficit in history. They don't promote torture. They don't cancel habeus corpus. They don't spy on their own citizens. Speaking as a social democrat, there is much to admire in true conservatism. The neocons were not conservatives, but nasty, arrogant fascists. Good riddance.

10. prez1

prez1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]345675[/snapback]</div>
    How open-minded and non-judgmental of you, sir.

11. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    MT margin of victory with 100% precincts reporting is 2848, which means no recount. Margin needed is less than 2020 for candidate paid recount and 1010 for taxpayer paid recount.

12. EricGo

EricGo New Member

You may be open minded about torture, kangaroo courts, loss of habeus corpus, state abduction of citizens and senseless murder of hundreds of thousands of innnocents, but I am anything but.

As Jared says, Neo-cons are rabid fascists, advocating for a totalitarian regime in the US. I wish them a speedy trip to hell.

Prez1, as the bumper sticker says: if you are not angry, you have not been paying attention. Out of curiousity, did you READ the recently enacted torture act (aka military commisions act) or did you just take someone's word for it's substance, assuming you know anything about it.

13. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]345716[/snapback]</div>
    Quit waffling, EricGo, and tell us how you really feel. :lol:

14. EricGo

EricGo New Member

As of noon, VA time, 0.12% of the vote, or about 2400 votes, had not been tallied, but Webb was ahead about 7500 votes.

So unless a recount takes place that finds errors, Webb wins, and the Senate is democratic.

15. prez1

prez1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 8 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]345716[/snapback]</div>
    ...There you go again.....

16. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prez1 @ Nov 8 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]345688[/snapback]</div>
    Funny how when they won by a slight majority (don't pull out that tired old red/blue map again; I'm talking actual numbers), it's suddenly "political capital" and a "firm mandate." When the Democrats trounce them, it's "a sign America wants bipartisan politics."

Finally, he *IS* a uniter, not a divider! Unfortunately for him, not the way he intended.