1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deploying the National Guard to the Mexican Border

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ghostofjk, May 15, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, without reservation or condition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but only for a year, or until more Border Patrol officers are trained

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm not sure right now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, our military is already overtaxed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, this move is a political ploy (or other reason--please post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

President Bush (5/15) says he wants to deploy National Guard troops initially for one year, although that can probably be interpreted to say "until sufficient new Border Patrol officers are trained".

CA Governor Schwarzenegger opposes deploying the Guard. How do you feel?

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ May 15 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]255993[/snapback]</div>
    As stated in a previous post I fell its long over due, we have had a problem for decades, we really need more border patrol officers as it is they are spred pretty thin...

Just a few facts:

The United States Border Patrol is the thin green line of men and women who protect America's borders.
    They struggle to do their job with fewer resources than any similar service in the world.
    They guard the 6,000 miles of our border with one tenth as many people as are in the New York City police department.
    They stand alone.

More than 1,000 have been killed or wounded protecting America.
    Today, the United States Border Patrol has 11,000 agents on the line to protect our borders. More than 9,500 of these agents are stationed along our 2,000-mile southern border, and for a very good reason. According to government sources, nearly 99.6% of all people arrested entering our country illegally are citizens of Mexico.

Due to unchecked terrorism, illegal immigration, and the illegal importation of drugs, other agencies have increased the responsibilities of the Border Patrol. Under Title 21 U.S.C., the Border Patrol’s ability to assist the Drug Enforcement Agency has been increased. In addition, under Title 19 U.S.C., The Border Patrol has been tasked with responsibilities to support US Customs.

[​IMG]
    This is the wall that seperates california fro mexico at the pacific

[​IMG]
    This is the same wall but 40miles inland, the roads are for BPO's
    note the straight black line thats the 8' steel wall.

[​IMG]
    Again the 8' steel wall

[​IMG]
    These are concrete pilons spaced less than 8" apart to keep
    smugglers out..

[​IMG]
    This is a foot print map showing where the immigrants are coming in

More on the Border Patrol:
    http://www.usborderpatrol.com/borderframe090.htm

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Do you have a map of the tunnels, such as the one that came to the surface in a San Diego warehouse?

If you do, I'll buy it. B)

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Why pay for it when its public information thru our wonderful media outlets..\
    BTW, they supposedly filled it with concrete..

5. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hell, I think we should shoot them all at the border! How dare they come into this country looking for a better life for themselves. With them being all terrorists and such. Taking away good American jobs from decent law abiding Americans. Who are here legally, mind you! I say, erect the fence, along the entire border. America for Americans, as long as they are white, that's what I say....

Wow, that was scary! I actually put myself in the mindset of a Republican and just started ranting, not really caring about anyone. (editors note: the above are actual comments made by co-workers who are Republican and in the military, I know they don't represent ALL Republicans, so relax :) )

Obviously putting a fence up along the border will not work. Look at Berlin as an example. Where there is a will, there is a way. Mexicans will come across the border. Have always, will always. They do jobs we don't want to do. Let's find a way to keep them here legally, incorporate them into the American life, let them pay taxes, and let them have the American dream like our ancestors did. And above all-treat them with respect. The majority of them are hard working and just want a better life for themselves and the family.