1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deposit made

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by B Rad, Jun 8, 2006.

1. B Rad

B Rad New Member

I put a deposit down on a new Silver Prius today. Have been told it will be here in 30 days and that it is now in Japan. I have never even sat in the seats of a Prius much less driven one so sure hope I didn't make a big mistake. I have buying new cars since 1964 and except for one Ford pick-up, have never bought anything but european(English,Italian,French and German, I have had them all). Will be in Vegas next week were I will rent one and hopefully be totally satisfied. After that I will just have to get my Prius kicks right here at Priuschat....How else have you passed your wait time???

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I researched some add-on items.
    I would HIGHLY suggest getting some mudflaps. You can buy them on eBay for cheap ~$30. I got road crap all over my car from the tires. These have helped greatly. The single most important add-on I got.

Gotta run. More later

3. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ... and now, we wait.

My wait was about six months, so I pretty much had to move on with daily life and just mark off the days on the calendar. Browsing around on PriusChat and learning all there is to know about the Prius, driving tips, etc. helped pass the time, and made me feel smarter about my pending purchase. :)

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You mean there's more???

5. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I like my window tint and my door moldings. I had the moldings before the car.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Jun 8 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]267960[/snapback]</div>
    Renting is an excellent idea. I ended up renting one for two weeks. It's a good way to see how the car performs during a normal commute without having to worry about the salesperson.

If you know someone with a Prius, you should take a test drive. I'm saying this because of the seats. I have no problems with them, but some have been in pain after even a short drive. There are solutions, but you should be aware of that.