1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Deposit Note

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by aforkosh, Jul 16, 2023.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    To have some chance of getting a Gen 5, many folks are making deposits to get on waiting lists at one or more dealers. Keep careful records of those deposits. I made deposits at 2 dealers and eventually bought my car at one of them. The other dealer had trouble locating records of my deposit because the salesman who took it had left the dealership. Fortunately, I could give them enough information to track it down and get a refund, but it took a month or so. If they depended on their sales folks to track this, I may have lost my place in line.

So, if you have made a deposit, check in every few weeks to make sure that they still know about you, have kept you on the waiting list, and have assurances that your money could be refunded/

BlueMagnet, daisy555, Roqu3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Bobo99

Bobo99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

3. Bobo99

Bobo99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It probably depends on how serious the dealership is. As soon as I made my deposit I received an automated reply from the dealer's website, signed by a manager, with a pre-emptive apology about having to wait for my vehicle. I was also promised a message from the sales guy every month, just to assure me that they didn't forget about me; salesman says the boss is making him do this.

bisco likes this.