1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Desperate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by edoggsmooth, Dec 20, 2003.

1. edoggsmooth

edoggsmooth New Member

I contacted the fine people at Sansone Toyota (Avenel, NJ) and they
    told me that while they promised me when I requested my Black Prius,
    Package 6, that it would be here in 6-8 weeks, they really had no
    idea that it would infact take 6-8 months. Led me to believe they
    told me it would be here soon just to get me to buy it from them.
    Good way to dispell the stereotypes about car dealers.

So here is my question, like an insatiable little kid, I want to get
    this car, and this car alone. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
    make this thing happen? I was thinking of calling other dealers to
    see if they have any orphans on their lots but does anyone know
    where I higher concentration of Prius cars have been allocated?

I'm already going to go with any color and any package because I
    know that will increase my chances. Any more info would be greatly
    appreciated.

Desperate in Staten Island,
    Ed

2. Feeling the Same Way

I know how you feel. I admit I'm a little obsessed about this but these "internet rumors" of no additional availabilty til 2005 models is beginning to be "a bit the bummer"! I hope they are ONLY rumors. When I put my name on the list, I was told it would be 4 to 6 months. So, I think the dealer was being honest, but now I have to think that was only a guess on their part and nothing more. :pukeleft: I'm feeling sick.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Ed wrote:
    "Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this thing happen?"

Since you're flexible on color and package, you should be able to get a car much sooner than 6-8 months, I would think. But, personally, I like the following two ideas from posts I've read elsewhere:

1) E-mail every dealer within a 50 or 100 mile radius stating that you're interested in buying a Prius in any color and with any package. Whatever comes in, you'll buy it if someone else doesn't want it and you'll buy at a moment's notice. If they call, you'll be there within an hour or so ready, willing, and able to buy on the spot.

2) Call several dealers in your area and offer a "reward" or "finder's fee". Tell each salesperson that you're interested in getting a Prius ASAP (not in 4 weeks or 4 months) but NOW and, if they can make that happen, you'll slip them a couple (or whatever) hundred dollar bills. IOW, give the individual salespeople a reason to call you next rather than anyone else (this may work with Sansone, offer the salesperson you worked with an "incentive").

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried a search via www.autotrader.com? I did one a couple of weeks ago for fun, and found 180 cars ready for immediate sale with no regard to distance on the search.