1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Destination by ZIP code?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by K6YXH, Mar 7, 2005.

1. K6YXH

K6YXH New Member

I was demonstrating the Navigation system in my 2005 Prius, and was asked, "Can you search by ZIP code?" - I was sure I could, but couldn't find any place to specify it, nor was the ZIP code displayed for any address or POI. :oops:

So... is it just not there? Has anyone noticed this before?

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    On the European navigation system, it's tucked under Town - it gives you a choice of "Nearest 5 towns", "Input town name" and "Input postcode".

My PDF copy of the US manual appears to show that final button to be missing.

3. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use my navigation system a bunch and have never seen anything about zip codes. Too bad that it's not included in the US. I have also wished, from time to time, that the system told you what zip code you were in.

4. K6YXH

K6YXH New Member

It's not just a 'nice to know' feature. I've found that the city name people put on their business and residential listings is often not the city the Nav system knows.

For example: Branchburg is 08876, but it's officially Somerville. I tried finding Branchburg, which is what's on the hotel business card, and the Nav couldn't find it - I had the zip code, but couldn't use that in lieu of the city to qualify the search.

Searching on zip code instead of city is a pretty standard feature in PC-based mapping software.

Maybe it's just not included on the DVD to save space.

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    .... i have issues with this DVD.. it does work pretty good. I use it for work. Obout 10 addresses a day 6 days a week. i travel over 100 miles a day. sometimes 200. It works well. I noticed the other day when looking at a friends DVD for his jeep (our is better)... but... they both say mopar on it? mopar owned company that makes this DVD? hmm... or the DVD is supposed to be compatible with both toyota and mopar? it's not. His couldn't read mine. I wasn 't about to put his in my dvd drive.... hmm..

Zip code is definetly not on there. i know the system in and out. No zip code. If a city can not be found then search the address and street. it will give you listing. veiw the maps to find the correct one.