1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Destination Charge change?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tennfan, Aug 24, 2008.

1. tennfan

tennfan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey there, all. I went by the dealership today to find out what they'll be giving me for my trade-in (CarMax beat them by nearly 400 bucks, FYI). At the same time, I got them to print my inventory sheet so I could get my VINnumber, etc.

I noticed that the destination charge was $720. When they had printed an inventory sheet from a car delivered in July, it was $660. Has that number increased on Toyota's side, or are they trying to squeeze a few bucks out of me?

About a week to go... Wish there was some way to track the New Century 1 as it makes its way to the U.S.!

2. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah, tennfan,

The destination charge did change from $660 to $720 about a month ago (probably due to the additional expense of fuel for the boats & the truckers). It can be seen on Toyota's "build your own" website & is not something the dealers are doing to you. However some dealers have been known to add the destination charge again to their paperwork [in addition to the bottom line of the MSRP window sticker (which already includes the destination charge in its bottom-line total)] so that you pay that charge twice. We all need to be careful of that one!!

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And the MSRP is going up $500 across the board for the 2009's which are coming out very soon. :eek:

4. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yep, got the $720 charge in late July as well.