1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Detroit Auto Show

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by slortz, Jan 11, 2006.

1. slortz

slortz New Member

Review of the Detroit Auto Show on MSN: http://autoshow.msn.com/as/article.aspx?xm...hw=autoshow2006

I understand that too much stock can't be placed in the showcasing of these concept vehicles but as an indicator of an automaker's direction doesn't it seem like there is way more emphasis from US makers on heritage designs in recent years? Too much?
    This Dodge Challenger concept is so much like the original car. Where is the innovation? I guess "carbon copy the past" is the concept here.
    I think the PT Cruiser was a great idea and worked out well for Chrysler because they made an affordable, unique, and desirable car taking styling cues from the past while not flat out copying some old design. To me, that was innovative.
    Is there really a consumer market out there clamoring for an enormous 2-door sports coupe? :huh:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think they screwed up the Charger and people wanted a 2-dr Charger so they just said, hey! we'll bring back the Challenger too while we're at it.

All i see is 26" rims on a 2007 Escalade and the Chrysler Imperial which looks like a messed up Rolls Royce Phantom