1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Detroit: Fisker Showcases the Sexiest Plug-In Hybrid Ever

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by PriuStorm, Jan 15, 2008.

1. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hot damn! We're pretty sure the Fisker Coachworks Karma will do for the plug-in electric vehicle what the Tesla Roadster has done for the electric car - raise the bar of what is possible with green technology while making it sexy. The $80,000 Karma is a marvel of design and engineering that melds classic styling cues with liminal technology. The company claims the car's lithium-ion batteries provide 50 miles of emissions-free full-electric driving, and the Q-Drive hybrid drivetrain — a small four-cylinder engine attached to a very large generator — purportedly propel the Karma from zero to 60 in 5.8 seconds and to a top speed of 125 mph. OK, you won't outrun Johnny Law, but you'll be able to dust a Prius.

More: Detroit: Fisker Showcases the Sexiest Plug-In Hybrid Ever | Autopia from Wired.com

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $100k for one of the first 100
    ~$80k for the next set.
    50 mile EV range, 4 doors....and gorgeous.

3. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I want the ugliest MF'ing car that gets 100 MPH as possible, because I'm sick of people needing their cars to look pretty first then worry about efficiency second. Then maybe people will see me driving this hideous beast, but hey I don't care I filling up fuel a month to go over 800 miles (yeah my tank isn't that big), then maybe others will catch on and say "hmmm who cares about looks" and they'll buy some... nah that would never happen.

Wait what did they say about the way the prius looks? :)

4. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was gonna say, there were those who were ballyhooing about how
    ugly the prius was. All together now: WE LIKE OUR PODS!
    _H*

5. WARHORSE

WARHORSE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    and whats wrong with making efficient beautiful cars that help the environment AND make it more beautiful as well ?

6. PrematurelyGray

PrematurelyGray Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nothing. But I've got to say, this car is a testosterone-mobile and not that attractive to my testosterone-challenged eyes.

7. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bet this car was sold out within hours of the show. I bet people were frantically trying to get their deposits back from Tesla motors.

its $20K cheaper then the tesla and can carry 2 extra passengers and isn't limited by a 200miles range. Its RWD so you need a set of snows for the winter. I was at the show looking to yell at some presidential candidates :D and this car is about the same size as a Jag XJ8.

But fisker is a small european coachbuilder, so where would you get this car serviced and who's gonna do the warranty work?

8. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some people think one car looks good others will not agree. I do think that car in the link is damn sexy though (not beautiful though ;))... besides, last I checked beautiful does not equal aerodynamic :)