1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Detroit Free Press excerpt

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by tag, Jun 15, 2004.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

The interest in the Prius is creating problems for Toyota Motor Corp. Its U.S. arm has a backlog of 22,000 orders that it cannot fill at the moment...

...Shopping for a Prius in the Dallas area, Bill J. Kelly, a 47-year-old sign-store owner, searched online and found a dealership in Plano that agreed to take a deposit. But the dealer warned Kelly by e-mail that he'd have to pay a "fair market adjustment" of $6,000 to $8,000 on top of the car's list price of about $26,000. The rising popularity of hybrids comes against a backdrop of the recent increase in gasoline prices, which now average more than $2 per gallon in the United States...

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Boooooooo!

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think the dealer needs a "fair market value" adjustment to his head!

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    sounds like BS to me.

i be willing to bet the article was written to help cool the demand for the car and considering the source of the article, the author may also being trying to calm nervous auto execs