1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Device stops speeders from inside car

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by prius_colony, Dec 3, 2005.

1. prius_colony

prius_colony New Member

Device stops speeders from inside car

Canadian auto regulators are testing a system that would enforce speed limits by making it harder to push down the car's gas pedal once the speed limit is passed, according to a newspaper report.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

THAT'S BS.

I would remove such device, or simply not buy a vehicle that had such device installed.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Doesn't make sense. Also, that article isn't exactly written in the best way. 1 spelling error, 1 grammatical error and multples "newspaper said, report said, etc etc"

4. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

I just don't understand why it needs GPS? And I agree the American people will remove it or not purchase cars with the device.

What they should be working on is to make all cars go over 100mph so that there are no slow-pokes in front of you so you don't hit them and kill yourself. Then they need to figure out a sling-shot system that springs the cars onto the freeways faster so they can merge at 100mph+. And then devise a system that slows the cars exiting the freeways without using the car's breaks. Oh, I need to stop. :lol:

5. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

No, keep going, you have some great ideas.

I remember hearing a guy say once that to prevent accidents, they need to stop making cars safer. Instead of an airbag on the steering wheel, put a really big sharp spike there. I guarantee people will drive a lot slower and more carefully after that!

It could work... :blink:

6. prius_colony

prius_colony New Member

Now THAT may be one of the coolest ideas I ever heard!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    great idea... too bad it takes several years of pain and suffering before change is considered...unfortunately, 60,000 people a year killed on the highways is just fine with us.

funny how a few thousand killed in iraq is so abhorrent to us, but something that would save thousands of lives by limiting us to following the law is completely dissed as unthinkable.

i wonder what would happen if you were sent to prison for defeating the device and could not drive a car without it?

but... no such luck im afraid. people will continue to kill themselves just as they always have

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Dang! If only those senseless deaths could have been for a better cause.

60,000?
    At that rate, if they were all soldiers in Iraq, it would have taken 76 years for them all to die.

60,000 highway deaths (DaveinOlyWA’s figures)
    /
    2129 US military deaths in Iraq
    991 days for total US military deaths in Iraq
    =
    27928 days (to equal 60,0000)
    /
    =
    76 years

http://icasualties.org/oif/

What did those 60,000 who died on the highway stand for . . . compared to the soldiers who gave their lives for their country?