1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

diagnostic codes..what to do?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pimpone60, Oct 22, 2008.

1. pimpone60

pimpone60 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    i just got my prius...its been sitting for along time due to other problems...has been started alot but not getting run for along time...just start and shut it off...has always started...well i got the other problems fixed(coil/plugs) and now the check engine light is on and shows codes 3006 and 3026...any chance they might clear up after driving awhile? i just got this car so i don't know much about the past history...i know the codes have to do with the battery so i'm hoping for the best...thanks

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    DTC P3006 means that the battery state-of-charge across the various module pairs is uneven. DTC P3026 shows the specific module pair that is low.

I doubt that the codes will clear after driving for a while. When you look at the battery SOC gauge in the MFD, what reading is provided and do you see the reading rapidly fluctuate up and down? The possible readings are 100% full, 75% full, 50% full, 25% full, and 0%. Usually Classic Prius will show either 75% or 50%.

To further complicate matters, when the icon shows 100% full, the battery is really at ~80% SOC, while when the icon shows 0%, the battery is at ~40% SOC.

You can force charge the traction battery by putting the gear selector in D, pressing on the brake pedal with your left foot to keep the car stationary, then flooring the accelerator pedal with your right foot to make the gasoline engine run. In this condition, since the car cannot move forward, the energy from the gasoline engine is transferred into MG1, thus charging up the traction battery quickly.