1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DiCaprio Environmental Doc Destined for Fall

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, May 2, 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/zap-warn...0,1144558.story
    DiCaprio Doc Destined for Fall
    Warner Independent snags the environmentalist film
    Zap2It.com

May 2 2007

Warner Independent Pictures has secured the domestic rights to the Leonardo DiCaprio environmental documentary "The 11th Hour."

The film is set to have its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival, followed by a fall launch, according to the industry trade papers.

DiCaprio produced "The 11th Hour" and co-wrote the doc with its directors Leila Conners Peterson and Nadia Conners.

While DiCaprio narrates, "The 11th Hour" also features interviews with scientists and world leaders including Mikhail Gorbachev and Stephen Hawking. The film focuses on the changes humans can make to save the environment before it's too late (the title refers to the last possible moment to make these changes).

"This film is a compelling exploration of not only the critical importance of addressing climate change, but also the myriad global challenges that we face today, presented with wide-ranging research and insight," say Sue Kroll, president of marketing, and Veronika Kwan-Rubinek, president of distribution for Warner International.

DiCaprio has a long-standing relationship with Warner Bros. His acclaimed late 2006 releases "The Departed" and "Blood Diamond" were both released at the studio, which also houses his Appian Way production shingle.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am interested to see how this movie turns out. There seems to be some really prominent names mentioned as guests in the film and that could lend great credibility.

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 2 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]434232[/snapback]</div>
    I like Leonardo. I hope it doesn't turn out the same way it turned out in his last two movies.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey, I liked "The Departed".

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ May 2 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]434272[/snapback]</div>
    Me too. I liked the Blood Diamond too. I have south african friends who were impressed by his accent.