1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE changes iPod "shuffle" setting?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by GameMaker, Feb 22, 2008.

1. GameMaker

GameMaker Junior Member

Hello -

I have an '05 Prius, 80 Gig Video iPod, and installed a DICE that I bought from PriusChat about a month ago (early Feb, 2008).

I have noticed "Shuffle" setting on the iPod gets changed when I connect (or disconnect?) it from the DICE.

I use the DICE in the mode where I control the iPod through the click wheel, not the MFD, and the "Car" dipswitches are in the default position (the one that the instructions say is good for most cars).

For a while I thought maybe it was because the car itself had shuffle or repeat on (i.e. through the MFD, when in "CD Changer" mode - the DICE unit), so I made sure to turn that off.

Today, when I unplugged the iPod and took it into my office, it had switched from "Shuffle: one" to "Shuffle: Albums".

When the iPod is connected, does the DICE "override" the existing shuffle and repeat settings on the iPod with whatever the car is set to?

Hope Vagabond sees this. Thanks!