1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DiCE I-Toyota-R or Neo Pro Link PODTOY12V2 ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by assassinmunky, Jan 25, 2008.

1. assassinmunky

assassinmunky New Member

Hi guys,

I have an '05 prius with non-JBL system and navigation. I have found that both the DiCE I-Toyota-R and the Neo Pro Link - PODTOY12V2 will work with my car(iCarKits - Product Information - I-TOYOTA-R [Normally 159.99] and iCarKits - Product Information - Neo Pro Link - PODTOY12V2 , respectively).

I would like to get some suggestions from some of you on which is better to get for the Prius.

I really wont be using the Ipod features much, mainly to charge my iphone, but i will be using the additional aux input for my stiletto 10 sirius radio.

Thanks a lot guys,
    Munky

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't speak to the Neo Pro Link product, but you can expect some frustrations with the DICE. It does work but when you have NAV and XM also feeding into the same unit the data flow gets all funky and you'll have MFD crashes requiring you to unplug the DICE and restart the car to get things working again.

3. assassinmunky

assassinmunky New Member

Thanks, but what do you mean NAV and XM feeding into the same unit? Do you mean NAV and XM feeding into the MFD or into the DICE unit? I want to have my Stiletto 10 Sirius radio plugged into the aux port of the DICE unit. If you think i will have problems with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Munky

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's the AV Bus that they all ultimately go through that can't handle the data flow. But nothing else plugs into the DICE but there is a "Y" connector that feeds the XM + DICE into the same plug on the stereo unit.