1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dice Install question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tadashi, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am trying to install the Dice unit and I was able to pull apart the dash to access the back of the radio. I plugged the 12" cable white the large white male connector into the Dice unit. However, it has a blue and purple whire plugged into both sides.

Am I suppose to pull those out to plug the Y-cable into it?

What am I suppose to do with the blue and purple wire?

Dice could do a better job on their installation instructions it seems.

I just figured out that the blue and purple wires are plugged into a cap on the white connector and pulled it off. Where does that plug into? I plugged the Y-cable into cable into the Dice.

2. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The plug in question it the blue and purple wires is below:

[​IMG]

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I THINK that connector is not connected to anything. I remember reading a post about the installation back a while ago. Try to do a search? Maybe search for ice>link installation. The connection is the same for both.

EDIT: ok, found it, http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&showtopi...ndpost&p=181551. So it really does not connect to anything. hehe.

4. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bet they do that just to drive us nuts trying to figure out what it does. lol I am surprised they do not eliminate it to save costs.