1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE install ?'s

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by edselpdx, May 27, 2007.

1. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    OK... I installed the coastal EV mod with no problem due to the extremely helpful detailed instructions. The DICE install has me stumped, though. One of the steps is simply to remove necessary trim... and I'm not able to. I've got the lower glovebox off (I'd like to install the DICE unit there between the radio and the glovebox in that space) and the trim to the RIGHT of the stereo unit off as well as the big base unit under it all (with the 12-V cig adaptor). I can't pull anything else without feeling like I'm prying too hard. The side to the left of the stereo seemed to be under the next piece to the left... surely not all that has to come apart?

I am NOT a regular installer, obviously, but this seemed so easy....

I have a 2005 with a single disc, got the dipswitches all figured out and everything else, but can't disassemble the trim! Can anyone point me to step by step instructions for this part of the process. And yes, I tried searching, but couldn't find what I needed.

Thanks!
    Sonya
    :blink:

2. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks, those look great... I'm sure I can get it done today with this info.

4. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edselpdx @ May 28 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]451011[/snapback]</div>

Done and SUCCESS... I knew I didn't really have to take it all apart...just that white box in the way!
    Thanks, again,
    Sonya

5. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    How about a sticky on this install? I have terrible luck searching the fora (like datum and data, right?) for some reason, and clearly these were right here somewhere. Thanks again
    Sonya