1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dice/Ipod 99 song limit, then reshuffle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by KK6PD, Jan 9, 2009.

1. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the Dice unit and a 4G Ipod with 5 days worth of music on it. I have just noticed that the thing will play up to 99 songs then stop! Everything else works fine! The Ipod has to be disconnected, songs reshuffled then plugged back in. Works fine for the next 99 songs, then it stops I reset again. Over and Over etc. Anybody else notice this, or have the fix?

Wth, over!

73 de Pat KK6PD

2. heyjude421

heyjude421 thread bumper

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    how do you know it's 99 songs?

3. dinsmoor

dinsmoor Junior Member

I have a similar problem with my 3G iPOD mini. It will shuffle only the first song (it appears) in each folder after each start up. You have to manually shuffle songs from the iPOD menu to get a different song list.

Generally DICE is problematic at best interface. Menu mapping is awkward and basically unusable from the MFD unit, I resort to using the iPOD controls for most everything.

Has anyone had better "luck" with other interfaces?

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a easy answer, when I look at the Audio MFD display it will show across the top what song number your at. I have watched it go from 98 to 99 and after song 99 is over, NADA.. Its reshuffle time!!

I have contacted Dice, we will see what they say.

Thanks de Pat KK6PD

5. heyjude421

heyjude421 thread bumper

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Which mode are you using? I use SAT, and I don't have this problem. I drove from PA to FL last spring without this issue.