1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dice Ipod Intergration Installation for Dummies!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by HaroldMelamed, Jan 9, 2007.

1. HaroldMelamed

HaroldMelamed New Member

I'm thinking of getting the Dice IPOD intergration for my 2005 Prius with Nav and wanted to get some comments on installation as it relates to the totally mechanically inept.

I'm a guy that has two (2) tools. A pliers (which I can't find at the moment) and a screw driver. How possible would it be for someone of my limited mechanical abilities to install this thing and not short myself (already too short) or the car.

I can screw in light bulbs and change the furnace air filter.

:)

Thanks in advance for any encouragement that you offer.

2. dgstan

dgstan Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HarryDriver @ Jan 9 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]373106[/snapback]</div>
    Have you pulled apart the dash yet? You don't need any tools to do that. All you really need to do to install the DICE is remove one of the vents and unbolt a wiring harness (you'll need a socket set for the bolt). I say if you have enough guts/fingernails to pull off the vent, you can do it. That's the hardest part of the whole thing.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited