1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dice Ipod questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mikedow, Jun 22, 2007.

1. mikedow

mikedow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I have a 2007 Prius with Option Package 5 and the Dice Ipod Adapter. I don’t know if my expectations are too high for the unit, or if didn’t set the dip switches right.

I listen mostly to Podcasts and Audible Audiobooks.

Whenever I connect the adapter, the screen goes flaky and I get an “OK to Disconnect†sign. Then, if I press the center button, it jumps to “Trouble Me†by 10,000 Maniacs.

Is there a setting that would allow the unit to remain where it was? Also, is it possible to jump from one Podcast to another? I have to pull out the unit and do it manually.

Also, let me share a tip I haven’t seen anywhere. Everyone seems to want to install the Ipod in the glove compartment. Mine fits perfectly in the hidden compartment under the radio. Even in a leather case, the fit is just perfect, and you don’t have far to reach to put it away. Earl Stewart Toyota did it, and I think they did a terrific job.

Mike Dowling
    West Palm Beach, Florida

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikedow @ Jun 22 2007, 03:45 AM) [snapback]466256[/snapback]</div>
    The behavior is normal - whenever you 'sync' an iPod this happens, all devices like DICE's that have remote control (steering wheel, headunit controls) require that the iPod is synced. The iPod then usually chooses the first playlist or most and begins playing. The only way to keep it where it was is to give up text display and remote controls.

You can make your podcasts into playlists and you can then skip from one to another.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    What about when the iPod is left plugged in? In my 2005, if I shut down to go into a store, it starts right where I left off.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 22 2007, 07:28 AM) [snapback]466299[/snapback]</div>
    Because the iPod went to sleep and didn't shut down, if you don't start the car for a few hours it will resync on startup - and you left it plugged in so it stayed sync-ed.

In his case since he listens to podcasts it's very safe to assume that he's unplugging his iPod from the car alot.

5. mikedow

mikedow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    QUOTE: ...all devices like DICE's that have remote control (steering wheel, headunit controls) require that the iPod is synced. The iPod then usually chooses the first playlist...You can make your podcasts into playlists and you can then skip from one to another. UNQUOTE

Thanks for your help. At least I know it isn't something I'm doing wrong. I'm packing for a trip from Florida to Connecticut (and back), and I like your idea. I'll name the playlist something that begins with "!" so that it defaults to the top.

Mike