1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE opnions, suggestions for iPod integration??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BethlehemPrius, Jul 28, 2007.

1. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

Well I know that there is a huge thread just below this one, but what I am looking for is anyone who can give me their suggestions and feedback on the unit that is for sale on here? And also if there are other units that are better or cheaper?

I hooked up an iPod a few weeks ago to the aux port and was dissappointed how quiet it came across the system, do you have the same problem with the integrated units?

Getting my iPod in a week, very excited to finally join the rest of society ! :)

Thanks!

PS, is their other sites to order the DICE, not sure I want to wait weeks to get my part from the store.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered from the PC store and it was shipped the next day...and this was just last week.

AFAIK DICE is the best way to fully integrate Ipod into the Prius touch screen. You could certainly use an FM modulator and just control the ipod directly, but many feel sound quality is diminished that way.

Install is easy..took me less than 15 minutes to hook it up and another 15 minutes of trouble shooting to make sure it worked right (I had my DIP switches messed up).