1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DICE Silverline '05 Prius - Wrong Connector?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DavidY, Apr 26, 2008.

1. DavidY

DavidY Reptile Breeder

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    DICE Silverline '05 Prius - Wrong Connector? (never mind)

Ok I just got my DICE Silverline. I'm surprised how fast it came. But anyway, I've got my glove box out and the dash partly disassembled but the connector on the "vehicle specific harness" does not fit into the open port on the back of the stereo. I can't see it but it feels like the port is about 1/2" smaller than the connector that came with the DICE unit. :confused: So either they sent me the wrong connector or else I have the only Prius with a stereo that won't accept this thing. It's the factory installed JBL stereo with AM/FM/CD/Cassette and a built-in 6-CD Changer (not external) and there is no Navigation system.

Has anyone else had this problem? I tried calling the manufacturer but there's no answer (it's after 5pm on a Saturday so I assume they're closed). I was hoping to get it installed this weekend as a surprise for my wife as it's her Prius and her iPod.

** Update 2 hours later...**

Never mind...After I reassembled the dash and cleaned up my mess I found another cable on the floor of the back seats. :rolleyes: So I got everything hooked up and after a little confusion...ok a lot of confusion...my wife and I finally got it to work. It sounds fantastic and she's totally thrilled with it. :D

Overall I am very pleased with the DICE unit so far. It's a decent price, super fast shipment, nice neat package/unit, easy installation (as long as you don't lose any parts like me) and full control of the iPod. Setting it up for the first time was a little tricky though.