1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did Bush Lie About Iraq?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Middle_Age_Moment, Feb 8, 2004.

1. For those who think Bush lied about Iraq...

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
    develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
    That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
    We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass
    destruction program."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [the USA], but what happens there matters a great deal
    here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear,
    chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest
    security threat we face."
    - Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times
    since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.
    Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate,
    air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to
    the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
    programs."
    - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin,
    Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass
    destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he
    has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has . chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass
    destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons
    programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
    continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam
    continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a
    licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten
    the United States and our allies."
    - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,)
    and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a
    threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the
    mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction
    and the means of delivering them."
    - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
    weapons throughout his country."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to
    deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in
    power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing
    weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are
    confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and
    biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to
    build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence
    reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority
    to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe
    that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real
    and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively
    to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the
    next five years. We also should remember we have always underestimated
    the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every
    significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his
    chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has
    refused to do" Rep.
    - Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that
    Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weap ons
    stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has
    also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
    .. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will
    continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare,
    and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam
    Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for
    the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal,
    murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a
    particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
    miscalculation .. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his
    continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
    ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real
    ..."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

SO NOW SOME DEMOCRATS SAY PRESIDENT BUSH LIED, THAT THERE NEVER WERE ANY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND HE TOOK US
    TO WAR FOR HIS OIL BUDDIES???

2. jeffrey

jeffrey New Member

I doubt that Bush deliberately lied. I think instead that he and his advisors were perhaps a bit "selective" in their information gathering and/or disseminating. An excellent article on this is in the January issue of the Atlantic Monthly. called "Blind into Baghdad"

www.theatlantic.com

Peace

3. Fredo

Fredo Junior Member

No one's ever said that Saddam Hussein was not a horrible person, and a threat to peace. I've been wondering why any of the advisors President Bush was listening to could only come up with 2 options: full military invasion or absoluely nothing. I don't think there was a perfect solution, but I'm sure my friends and I could at least have come up with other alternatives.

What it comes down to is that President Bush said that Hussein had
    WMD and thet he knew where a lot of them were. The weapons weren't there. The President lied.

A lot of other people also thought that Hussein had WMD, including me. We were wrong. I didn't think that even if he had WMD that Husein was an iminant threat to the US. Hussein had WMD since about 1980, when we started selling them to him. We continued to sell him WMD after every time that he used them. And in all that time, there was never any indication that he would give WMD to terrorists. Islamic fundamentalists, including bin Laden, routinely condemned Hussein for running a secular government.

President Bush said many times that Hussein had WMD, and because of them that Hussein was an immenant threat to the US. Because of that threat, we invaded Iraq. Over 500 US soldiers and thousands of Iraqi civilians have been killed. Over $140 billion that we didn't have, or at least couldn't find to educate our children or feed the hungry, has been spent. Without those weapons, therewas not threat. Because he was wrong, we've lost the sympathy of the world following 9-11, and lost our credibility.

And now we have no way out of Iraq. If we cut and run, the Iraqi state fails nad terrorists wil move in, like they did in Afganistan. And because the rest of the world was opposed to the invasion, and has specifically asked us to not invade, they don't feel an obligation to help fund repairing the damage we caused.

Yes, Hussein was a horrible person, and yes, he was a threat to peace. And, yes, we had to deal aggressively with him and couldn't ignore him. But no, he was not an immiment threat to the US. President Bush said that Hussein was an immimant threat, nad he was wrong. He lied.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's not what most of us are worried about. It was not the fact that he was a 'potential' threat. However, the urgency that was suggested is the part most of us are uptight about. 'W' thinks diplomacy was exhausted, I think it wasn't. Was Saddam 100% cooperative--hell no. Would YOU have been?

But, there was no imminent risk to the US to support the first preemptive attack/declaration of war in our history. And a sad day in the history books it will be recorded as I believe.

I don't like Saddam, I'm glad he's captured, I'm glad he's no longer a threat. But this is a case where the end result does not, IMO, justify the means by which we obtained that result.

Your mileage may vary!

5. Sen. Ted Kennedy gave another one of his angry speeches a few weeks ago. With all the gravitas he could muster, he recycled his standard complaint: that the Iraq war was never really about WMDs or the war on terror. It was a "political product" from "Day 1" of the president's administration.

This echoes Kennedy's earlier diatribes, like last fall when he said, "Before the war, week after week after week after week, we were told lie after lie after lie after lie."

Personally, I think Kennedy's an embarrassment to his party. But that doesn't change the fact that he's taken seriously or that he speaks for a large constituency. So let's try to deal with the "Kennedy School's" view of the Iraq war.

First let me admit that I think the failure to find significant evidence of weapons of mass destruction easily constitutes one of the greatest intelligence blunders since Pearl Harbor. There's still a chance we'll find something. But if we do, it will probably be too little, too late to change this basic assessment.

Critics of the Bush Administration are probably cheering, "Finally! Goldberg's stopped drinking the White House's Kool-Aid!"

But hold on. To argue that this was a huge intelligence blunder is to largely let George Bush off the hook for the even-more-popular Bush critique: that he lied to the American people about Iraq.

For Bush to have lied, he had to have known that there were no WMDs, right? It's not a lie unless you know the truth. If you say something you think is true that later turns out to be false, we don't call that a "lie," we call that a "mistake."

You could look it up.

This vital distinction seems to be lost on many smart people. For example, the online magazine Slate has been hosting an interesting discussion among the most respected and prominent liberals who supported the Iraq war. The question before them, more or less, is whether they regret it. Some do. Some don't. Most hold positions awash in shades of gray.

One of those is Kenneth Pollack, the former Clinton NSC staffer and author of the hugely influential book, "The Threatening Storm." Pollack's book was the most coherent and sustained case for the war from any quarter. Slate's round-robin is timed to coincide with a must-read cover story in the current issue of The Atlantic in which Pollack tries to figure out where he - and we - went wrong on WMDs.

Anyway, Pollack tells Slate, "If I had to write 'The Threatening Storm' over again I certainly would not have been so unequivocal that war was going to be a necessity."

In response, George Packer, a prominent liberal hawk, says, "Ken Pollack should be congratulated: How many leading voices on this issue have subjected themselves to such honest criticism? What he got wrong he got wrong because the intelligence was mistaken. What the administration got wrong it got wrong because it didn't care about the intelligence."

This encapsulates pretty much everything that's wrong with even the White House's most respected critics: a nearly total inability to consider the possibility that this administration operated in good faith.

Packer says Pollack's mistake was based on the best intelligence available; however, Bush & Co are a bunch of bloodthirsty ideologues or greedy liars or both.

Unfortunately, there are too many anti-Bush slanders out there to count, let alone debunk, but they are all premised on the "fact" that Bush lied.

But nobody has made a remotely persuasive case that Bush lied. The German, Russian, French, Israeli, British, Chinese and U.S. governments all agreed that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. The German assessment was even more dire than our own. They were convinced Saddam would have a nuclear weapon by 2005.

Bill Clinton and his entire administration believed Saddam had WMDs. In 2002 Robert Einhorn, Clinton's point man on WMDs, testified to Congress, "Today, or at most within a few months, Iraq could launch missile attacks with chemical or biological weapons against its neighbors" including our 100,000 troops in Saudi Arabia.

The threat - chemical, biological and nuclear - against U.S. territory proper was only a few years away, according to Einhorn. Dick Gephardt, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, Wesley Clark, Joe Lieberman, Tony Blair, Hillary Clinton, Jacques Chirac, Gerhard Schroeder: all of these people believed Iraq had major stockpiles of WMDs.

Were they all "liars" like President Bush? No? Why not?

You can't have it both ways. You can't say Bush lied while others who said the same thing were being honest. The White House was operating with fundamentally identical information to that of Clinton, Pollack and Einhorn. What was different was that this White House needed to deal with the post-9/11 world.

Maybe that clouded Bush's judgment - or opened his eyes. Let's have that argument. I certainly believe mistakes were made (though I still believe the war was right and just). But if you start from Kennedy's premise that the WMD thing was made up, I can't take you seriously.

6. richardgy

richardgy New Member

It's doubtful that "Dick Gephardt, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, Wesley Clark, Joe Lieberman, Tony Blair, Hillary Clinton, Jacques Chirac, Gerhard Schroeder believed Iraq had major stockpiles of WMDs," but Bush stated the imminence of the Iraqi threat as a fact to to the nation and Powell stated it to the world -- without any qualification. It's unlikely that there will ever be historical justication for the decision to ignore the will of United Nations and embark on a preemptive war that cost close to 10,000 Iraqi lives and over 500 American. Let's trust the mistakes made were honest. Rather than attempt to justify the unjustifiable, isn't it time to admit mistakes and rejoin the world community?

7. Fredo

Fredo Junior Member

It's so god to know that the President can be shown to be "technically correct" in hindsight. I'd rather have a President I could trust.

Technically, President Bush didn't lied about the WMD. He did lie about the threat that they posed. There was no real threat if there were no weapons. Presidnet Bush said that Hussein would have a nuclear bomb "in mere weeks". Again, technically correct, I guess. 2005, or the end of the end of the decade if left completely alone (according to secretary Rumsfeld), can be exprssed as a number of weeks. The rest of the world, lead by France and Germany, had access to a lot of the same intelligence information, and came to the conclusion that the threat was not worth a military invasion.

And, yes, polititians play politics. The President knew that before he ran for office. President Clinton "mislead" the us about sex, and the Republicans impeached him. They were horrified that he was less than completely honest. President Bush ran on a promise to bring integrity back to the office. Misleading, and then claiming to be "technically correct" does not bring integrity. If he was wrong about the WMD, he should admit that he was wrong, and acted in good faith on incorrect information. Instead he keeps claiming that he was always right. Now he's saying that the WMD were not the reason we invaded, that is was because Hussein was a horrible murdering tirant. And anyone who says that the threat of WMD was more than a small consideration is re-writing history. And unpatriotic .And thinks that Hussein was a good ruler and would want him back in power. (These have either been said or implied by the White House. And all of these, and worse, have been told to be directly by people holding Ame rican flags while I was at anti-war rallies.)

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    MOM,
    Did you watch the UN testimony of Colin Powell? I did. Nobody's saying that Bush KNEW there were no WMD and lied to say there was. I believe he felt confident based on the evidence he was given and the presumptions he had that they were there.

The issue is more whether such suspicions warranted, at the time we took action, the right to take preemptive action. Opinions will differe. I am, by NO MEANS, a passifist (sp), but I want to know--beyond doubt, that when we risk our children over there that the cause they're going in for is warranted. I just don't think it was, and I believe that the Bush admin. twisted the intelligence to be in the most convincing light without equal time to other data.

We had time, lots of time, even if the WMD were there as Bush believed we knew that Iraq had no means of deploying it against any US interests. We had UN teams in Iraq who, if nothing else, could prevent further proliferation or expansion of what technology they had until such time the UN and other interested nations could agree that there was no other option.

BTW, I don't think Ted is representative of the vast majority of Democrats. I always hate it when people try to dissolve an issue of concern such as this along strict party lines. It just so happens it's a republican in the WH right now. If Clinton had gone in on the same evidence, the same statements for the same reason I'd be just as pissed off about it. Hell, many Democrats in congress voted to do this--I'm pissed at them. I expect the politicians to rise above the irrational rage of the moment (i.e. 9/11) and maintain logic and control despite pressure from outside forces to do otherwise.

I think this was an ill concieved, poorly thought out, and premature strike. It might have needed to be done, but not at the time it was. I could be wrong.

9. In response to Fredo:

As for "not going along with the world community", what ever happened to UN Resolution 1441 from late 2002? It seems the UN did, in fact, agree on the dangers posed by Iraq and how to handle those dangers. If you don't know the text (or general meaning) of this resolution, please look it up and read it.

It (1441) warns Iraq that "it will face serious consequences" if it continues to violate its obligations as spelled out in the resolution.

War is hell and the very thought of it is disgusting and repulsive. It should always be avoided. But when I think of the likes of Bin Laden, Hussein, and others who would DELIGHT in the total destruction of the United States of America (evidenced by 9/11), I realize that we don't have the option of turning the other cheek. We don't have the option of just waving the peace sign and hoping it won't happen again. We can't just (as did Bill Clinton) impose economic santions and hope for the best. If we are passive on this, we will lose everything we have. Then...the left wing, tree hugging liberals will no longer be able to go to (public) peace rallies while singing "give peace a chance" as the twin towers crumble to the ground.

efusco, I just read your comments and I believe them to be most accurate indeed. I don't disagree. The U.S. had to do something, but the timing was (with little doubt) rushed. But for the good of our country, everything we have and everything freedom offers, we don't need a Commander in Chief who's afraid to be proactive in the war (and it is a war) on Terror...or the war against any country, group, or person who would destroy us.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, OT's lighting up tonight :flame:

This is totally off subject, but I like MOM's use of color :)

Ok, continue on with the discussion...

11. Thank
    :lol:

Now, on a more serious note:
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/392006.html
    The above info is scarey but let's just have a Peace rally and hope it goes away!

12. Atoyot

Atoyot New Member

Last I checked, we were still in Afganistan.

Hmm, maybe the rest of the world, and in reality it is France, Germany, and Russia, don't want to help fund the repair because they know that they violated all of the UN scanctions against Iraq. Then again it could be because the in truth supported Saddam and were given Oil vouchers for it. Check out the following article at http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/Investi...s_040129-1.html Hmmm...looks like our wonderful Allies are in bed with our enemies. Funny how they can remember hatred from things that happened hundreds of years ago, but can't seem to remember who rescued them 60 years ago.

We need to face that we live in a global world now and that not everyone has our best interest at heart. Jihad is a real thing, and a threat to us. We have become comfortable once again and don't really believe that there are people out there who live only to destroy the US and all that it stands for. Hopefully someday the liberals will wake up and understand that there is evil in the world, and that if we are nice, not everyone will be nice back.

Atoyot

13. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Atoyot,
    liberal does not mean stupid. There can be legitimate, intelligent and well thought out differences of opinion on how to handle crisis like the one we face with the middle east today. One could just as easily equate right wing with a shoot first ask questions later anarchical gun slinger. I have more respect than that for my brethren who lean to the right though and try to avoid stereotyping people who hold general beliefs that lean right with the likes of Rush Limbaugh. By the same token I lean left but certainly cringe at any suggestion of a semblance to Ted Kennedy.

I agree that it would be nice if our allies were more supportive. And certainly they have financial interests in that regime, but we also have financial interests in seeing that regime fall--who's the greater criminal?

I am not complacent, nor have I fogotten what happened with 9/11, but it is that much more responsibility for us to show our superiority by resisting intelligently without sacrificing the morals we set for ourselves 200+ years ago.

14. Atoyot

Atoyot New Member

efusco,

I don't think of Liberal's as being stupid. In fact most of them are extreamly intelligent, but just don't seem to understand a few basic priciples. They trust in the good of man too much and don't understand that my money isn't theirs to do with as they please or to give it to people that haven't earned it. Liberals are not stupid, they just choose to ignore reality on a couple of issues. As you can tell from my spelling and how I compose my sentense structure, I am not intelligent enought to become a liberal. :wink:

I have been to many counties around the world, including some in the middle east, so I have been exposed to many different and differing views on life. Each country has a right to self rule, and independence. I also don't think that democracy is the only answer, but maybe the best one. However, supporting a country that you have voted in the UN to sanction is wrong. It isn't a differing of views, but a duplicit, back stabing, lie. I learned last year from a new Iraqi friend of mine that France and Germany were only interested in using the UN as a tool to gain a upper hand so that they wouldn't have to compete with the US. The company that I work for was barred from doing business in Iraq, while France and Germany did business as usual. So, how can sanctions work when the very people who voted for them violate them?

Atoyot

15. rflagg

rflagg Member

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

While the quotes are true, perhaps you should look into the use of the quotes and sources before claiming all dems previously said the same thing Bush said.

It's no different than the KKK stating that the Bible tells us not to mix races. Technically, they can quote the Tower of Babel passage, yet they seem to be missing the bigger picture.

-m.

16. rflagg

rflagg Member

Also - of course it's all about big business. It's about big business for Russia, for France and Germany - and for the United States. If you won't accept that the same reason we went into Iraq was the same reason that Russia, France, and Germany wanted to stay out of Iraq, then you're being just as naive regarding Bush's interests as some liberals stating that war is never the answer.

-m.

17. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In regards to WMD, there is no doubt that Saddam had them. One only needs to look at Iran, and the Kurds to verify this. Yes, the US gave him the knowledge. In that regard the US shares in some of the repsonsibility in the damage done, as there is no way that the government back then couldn't have known what he was capable of. After all, he murdered his way into power.

Those pictures that Colin Powell took to the UN were not photoshop mockups. They were taken from spy satellites. It's long been known that Saddams equipment was portable, and easily disassembled. There also comes to question the quantities as claimed by Saddam himself, as to what he had. 1441 gave Saddam the ultimatum to prove that these weapons were gone, or face the consequences. He failed to provide the proof, and in the end, the promise of consequences was delivered.

As to what happened to the WMD? That will truly be anybodies guess. You can bet that Saddam isn't going to talk. He also had plenty of warning that we were coming, and likewise plenty of time to get them out of the country. I do agree that the timing was poor. However, it wasn't that it was too soon, but too late due to the squabbling within the walls of the UN. France, Germany, and Russia will have plenty to explain themselves. Evidence has already been unearthed (literally) that has proven their violations of UN sanctions.

For those who don't believe that this was not an oil war. It most definitely was. Saddam wanted nothing more than to take over the entire region. Had he been left in power long enough, he would have made this attempt. To have the single largest oil reserves on the planet under the control of one person, would have had the effect of holing the entire planet hostage to his whims.

If the US wasn't so dependent on foreign oil, we would never have so much as batted an eye at the middle east.

18. SpartanPrius

SpartanPrius New Member

Wow, so many viewpoints, and not one mention of the puppeteer behind this mess - Cheney.

The issue was never oil itself. Rather, it was a means to instigate the outlay of vast $ required to "rebuild" Iraq. Oddly enough, both Cheney and a good deal of the Administration's "friends" were those best equipped to skim the lion share of these funds. Kind of makes you wonder about: the 1998 PNAC letter of intent regarding fighting Iraq; the Administration's early 2001 obsession with "getting Iraq"; let alone the oh so secret Spring, 2001 energy meetings that very likely included detailed discussions regarding post-Saddam "opportunities".

Slightly off-topic, but from the same playbook, drilling in the Arctic. There is little justification for the limited quantity of oil present. Rather, it serves as an excuse to enable a massive government bankroll of an oil pipeline construction project. And, guess which companies and Administration "friends" are in line for that handout?

Half-truths, say one thing - do another, and historical revisionism hardly amounts to Presidential leadership. The fact is, we were led into a mindless war under ulterior motives. Sure, the UN agreed as far as dire consequences go, but only so far as their inspectors not being able to start their work again. Well, they did, and despite the current revision put forth by Bushco, and duly regurgitated by the media, it was Bushco that forced their premature evacuation.

If Iraq is anyone's idea of a successful response to Terrorism, I suppose another 4 years of Bush / Cheney would appeal to you. :roll:

19. Perhaps we can agree to (respectfully) disagree.

20. RobertO

RobertO New Member

I think Rove, Cheney and Wolfie et al set Junior up to pitch the Big Lie.

As a Vietnam-era marine with 10 years active duty, I still remember names places dates and reporting relationships.

Somehow all our Commande4r-in-chief can do is whine, "hey, I showed up!" (a Alabama Air National Guard meetings) to Time Russert. Truly repugnant. Truly, an empty Flight Suit.

My point is, he doesn't call the shots - he just repeats them.

So on the jatter of WMD, he told us what he was told to tell us.

And we didn't check our dope (intel).

Result is we are so-o-o-o-o-o over our head with the Iraquis now. We were clueless about the situation on the ground going in, and we're getting dumber by the week.

I feel really bad for the grunts on the ground their families at home and the thousands of Iraqui families who have had the Crusades visited on them - again.

What a joke.

Bob