1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did I get a good deal? - Just Bought a New 2011 Prius III w/ Navi - Help me out :) Thank you

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by prominence, Sep 6, 2011.

1. prominence

prominence Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have anxiety issues in situations where I don't feel like I'm getting the best deal, so I am wondering if you all could help me and let me know if I get screwed or if I got an average deal, or a GREAT deal.

I bought a New 2011 Toyota Prius III Classic Black color with Navigation & Bluetooth. Sticker price was $27800. I paid Purchase price of $27000. My trade-in KBB Value was only $6500, but I got them to give me $8000 for the trade-in. No hidden extra fees or anything (aside from tax + title). So if you account for the surplus from the trade-in of $1500, I "got" the car for $25,500. I live in Columbus, Ohio.

I feel like I could have wedged the purchase price down a little more but not too sure. They claimed that they don't even take as much off purchase price as they did for me (they said they'll usually only ever knock off $100-200 off sticker because Prius is in demand), but because it was Labor Day and past 5PM the manager wanted to get home so he was willing to compromise. I don't know how much I believe them and not sure the Prius has a big demand in Columbus - they had 6 others brand new sitting next to the black one I bought.

Please share your thoughts/opinions... thank you so much for your help!

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think you did well considering you paid less than MSRP. Yes, some get the car for less, but if supply is short in your area and you got the color and package you wanted it is a good deal.

3. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like you got the money back on the trade in! Did any place else offer you a better trade in deal?

4. prominence

prominence Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Carmax offered $6000 for my trade-in and another dealership offered $6000 as well. This dealership I bought Prius from initially offered $7500 and I talked them up to $8000 because they were selling the same car with similar miles and less features for $9800 on their lot. KBB only $6500 for "good" condition of my car, which was a Yaris Sedan with all upgrades at 85k miles, so I think I did well on the Trade-In for the most part, just not the happiest about purchase price. Prii don't seem to be in horribly short supply in Columbus area even though they get talked up by every dealer and supposedly turn really fast, though it's hard to find one with the exact options you want, so they are probably doing well here, but not as HOT as east coast/west coast/south.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You did good. The AAA price is $26252 around here on $27210 MSRP so you had to get something you didn't mention to bump the sticker to $27800.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great deal! imo.:)

7. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree, I think you got a good deal as well. USAA Pricing here in GA is $26,900 for a Three w/Nav. When I purchased my 2010 the USAA pricing was the best available in this area, and Atlanta prices at the time were lower than the rest of the US. Be statisfied you got a great deal and enjoy your new car!

8. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds Good To Me.