1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did I Just lose My Prius C Car?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Diya_1426, Sep 7, 2024 at 5:15 AM.

1. Diya_1426

Diya_1426 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hi Everyone,

First I am posting here because my thread contains general and technical questions about Prius C, if that's the wrong forum, I apologize in advance.

Recently I spent tons of money on My 220K miles Priuc C 2012. Renewing Hybrid Battery, and the whole AC system, but never thought that I will get into this situation in just matter of weeks when I lost the only key I had for the car, I tried to find it but with no luck, then, I brought a locksmith service.

The locksmith technicians said that they're licensed and certified from Toyota to do their locksmith and programming the new key, they even asked to pay extra 75$ for a license special to the smart key, but it turns out, they didn't even follow the right steps of reset.

After they left, the start button din't show anything on the dashboard. Just the immobilizer lock blinking all the time.

I towed it to Toyota, the image is the diagnosis result.

[​IMG]

I am completely lost and devastated. I'm unemployed and was just about to start looking for a new job, that having a car is essential for most opportunities. So my question is:

Is there a way to start the car? I've heard that hardwiring might work, but the diagnostic report indicates that the steering is locked. Is it possible to jump-start the car by directly connecting the electric motor to the power source and bypassing other modules like the following?

#1 Diya_1426, Sep 7, 2024 at 5:15 AM
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2024 at 5:20 AM
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There is probably a lot less "fried" than this dealer thinks, and that looks like the sort of estimate a dealer gives when they really mean "we have other customers with easier jobs than figuring yours out".

A good hybrid shop that's willing to just do a bit of diagnosis can probably find and fix the issue for a lot less than that. Trouble is, I don't know what the good hybrid shops are in your area.

Diya_1426 likes this.