1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did I pay too much for my Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gupchurch1349, Nov 6, 2006.

1. gupchurch1349

gupchurch1349 New Member

I know how much one would pay for a new 2007 Prius would depend upon where you bought the car. I recently bought a 2007 Prius Hacthback, Package 2. Total on the road price, to include all applicable taxes, was just under $25,500. Too much, good deal, or just about right?

Upchurch, in Kentucky

2. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

Since that includes tax, it looks just about right. You can go online to the Prius website and build a car to see what the MSRP would be. As far as I know, most people are still paying MSRP. Just take the number from the website and add in your taxes.

3. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can always call back and ask for the sales manager and ask what the invoice price is on a comparable model and calculate taxes and other charges. My 2006 was obtained at sticker price as everyone else was trying to sell to me well over sticker.

4. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Why are you asking this question now after purchasing the car?

I paid full sticker price for my car last year with quite a long wait. From what I gather, the market may have softened a bit and "deals" may be found.

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :rolleyes: If all goes according to my Sales Agreement, I will pay >$500 below MSRP for my 2007 Touring Prius with all the "bells and whistles" in just a few days - it's due in Dallas Wednesday or Thursday. The discount is unusual for North Texas purchases. In addition, I got a very good trade-in allowance for my low mileage 2004 Package 8 (about the same as the 2007 Package 5).

I do note; however, that Prius can be found in stock in dealers around here right now and you can purchase and drive away immediately if you'll take what they have on the lot.

6. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The only time you pay too much for a car, is when you cannot afford it, and it doesn't do what you thought (hoped) it would performance wise. If you can afford the Prius, at whatever the price, and it meets your expectations, what's a few $$$ one way or the other?

7. amtrak115

amtrak115 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I thought we got a decent deal...$100 over invoice on a 2006...Now I will admit, the dealer had deals on all the 2006 models...there were 5 left when I got mine. So I guess it's really relative to the situation......My wife did try to talk them down another 900 but they wouldn't budge...anyway...I'm happy with the deal and with the car...

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Based on what I've read, it's normal to pay MSRP. A few people are getting a bit below, but it's not common. You should not pay over MSRP other than a modest "document fee."

9. MtBiker

MtBiker Junior Member

We paid $25,400 total for our 2006 package 4 at Stones Town and Country in Rexburg, Idaho. That works out to MRSP minus a $100 off Stones website coupon plus $89 doc fees + $5 title and taxes, of course. We didn't mind paying MSRP since we were able to take delivery (after about a month's wait) shortly before the end of September to qualify for the tax credit.