1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did My Dealership Pull A Fast One on Me?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MacStainless, Jul 8, 2010.

1. MacStainless

MacStainless My other car is a Delorean

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone,

I just had my dealer install an iPod adapter into my 2008 Prius and I noticed that the manual that came with it is for a Vais SoundLinq 2 device. I was under the impression I was to have the official Toyota part (PT545-00082) installed.

Is this the same exact unit or did my dealership just pull a bait and switch on me? Is the SoundlLinq 2 better than the factory option?

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. pviebey

pviebey New Member

Huh! Will be interesting to see what the Toyota experts say. What did it have for a part number on the order?

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    VAIS =/= PT545-00082 AFAIK

PT545-00082 is a genuine Toyota part as seen here:
    [​IMG]

The label on the interface has no indication it is a VAIS product, although it does say it's by Alpine.

4. MacStainless

MacStainless My other car is a Delorean

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info. Apparently my dealership is run by morons and the Vais part was installed with no explanation. My Prius will be dropped off again tonight to be swapped out tomorrow for the genuine Toyota part. Talk about annoying.