1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did something nasty!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jfschultz, Mar 5, 2005.

1. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The parking lot was full. I was just begining to pull out of a parking space and saw a mid-sized car on one side and a Lincoln Navigator on the other waiting to pull in. I carefully pulled out and noticed that the guy in the Navigator pointing as if to let the other guy know that this is his spot! I moved forward slowly to keep the Navigator out and saw the mid-sized car pull in. I drove off with a :D !

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good one. I did a very similar thing yesterday. At the time, my wife didn't know what I was doing, but it quickly because evident.

I was parked in the envied "end of the row closest to the store" parking spot angle-parked with my front-end pointing towards the store. As I backed out slowly, a VW Taurag came flying down the aisle and had I not punched the brakes, there would have been trouble. Apparently, he did not realize that I was leaving THAT spot because after making the turn, he stopped quickly and put it in reverse. I figured he was going to wait for me to leave and then back in. Not exactly proper driving, but I've done worse for prime parking.

To leave, I'll I had to do was move forward. But before moving into traffic, I looked over my left shoulder and saw another car - didn't matter what it was - coming into the lot. I put on my signal to indicate that I was leaving and positioned myself right behind the Taurag to keep him from backing up. After the incoming car slid into the space, I move out from behind the Taurag and left.

The whole time I was sitting with my signal on, my wife was questioning my actions in that oh-so-sweet nagging sort of way. Only after I said, "that VW who nearly killed us is in reverse and wants this spot but I'm giving it to the car behind us" did she understand.

I get annoyed when people speed through parking lots. In this trivial little way, I felt vindicated.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My favorite is the lazy sob that parks in the middle of the isle blocking ALL progress while they wait untill somebody who is loading their car leaves. When I see this, I immediately slow way down. The bags go in one at a time, being investigated as they go in the trunk. I'll wander slowly to the cart corral to put the shopping cart away, once I get in, I'll then fumble around for whatever I think will make me "look busy." Finally, I'll start the car, and lumber out of the parking spot slowly. By this time the lazy SOB is beet red in anger for having to "wait" so long to avoid having to walk a few extra feet to the store.

5. senectus

senectus New Member

I _really_ get shirty when people believe that the "fast lane" on the freeway is an excuse for speeding :cussing: , and because I don't see that as being correct and excuse to sit 2 inches away from my bumper when we're doing the 100km/hr limit.

So I take that opportunity to educate them, and slow down to just below the limit.. if I can jag it I'll also make sure I'm doing the same speed as someone in the "slow lane" so they can't over take me.

:mrgreen:

Its great to watch them :cussing: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :cussing: in the rear view mirror while in the absolute comfort of my Prius :mrgreen:

6. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

I don't usually have many shopping bags. My favorite parking lot time-waster is, of course, looking for my keys.

The offending car trying to block all others to your point of departure (usually) doesn't know you don't need a key to get into a Prius (fully equipped). So I pat my pockets a while, then shrug and pull on the door, which (of course) opens.

Repeat rarely and at your own risk. :)

7. senectus

senectus New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jimofdg\";p=\"70291)</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: