1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did the dealership try to cheat me?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by saechaka, Dec 8, 2004.

1. saechaka

saechaka Member

well i traded in my HCH and got me pck#4 2005. dealership had agreed to pay $19000 towards my loan and whatever is over what i owed i would get and if it was under then i would have to pay myself. so its a month later now and i called my honda financing comp. they said all they were paid was $18820 in 2 installments and i'll get a $4 refund. i called my dealership and they said they were waiting to get the title for the HCH before i was going to get the $180. i found that story fishy and seems that is not how a trade in is supposed to work. i feel that the dealership tried to cheat me but dont want to jump the gun. i really like this prius forum and would to get ideas if they did try to cheat me and if they did what can i do? thanks

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If it was me, I'd give them some time regarding the $180. However, it does seem very odd, assuming your title was in order. If you were still making payments on the HCH and there was some question about the title, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

A bigger issue is whether they were giving you a fair price on the HCH. When I bought my Prius the dealer offered me $300 for my 1989 Honda Civic Station Wagon, in very good condition, with 105,000 miles. They claimed it would be hard to sell because "banks won't give financing on cars over 100,000 miles." Kelly Blue Book was around $2,000. So I sold it privately, without even advertising it, for $2,000.