1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did the touring stop production?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jafo399, Jan 17, 2007.

1. jafo399

jafo399 New Member

The touring addition is still available. Mine will be delivered this week.

2. setheriah

setheriah New Member

Did they stop producing the 2007 touring edition on the prius? I read on another board that they were having trouble with brakes and wheels on that edition and i have one on order... whats happening.. is it a temporary halt.. or will they still produce them ??? Anyone with any insight?

3. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

We bought hours in October, and at the time I heard from one salesman that they were all being recalled. I didn't even look at it given that fact, but then a couple of weeks later, at a different lot, the salesman said there was no truth to the notion that they were being recalled. Rather, he said that they were to be sold only on the East Coast. I have no idea whom to believe! I hope neither rumor is true, because both are somewhat troubling.

So why did I buy it anyway?

I really don't know at this point. It boils down to the handling. We liked the Touring better, and given that it has all the features, we thought it would be a good deal. It was priced slightly higher than the non-touring that had all the features other than leather and nav, except that the touring has Blue Tooth, even if it doesn't have Nav, which is not true with the non-touring model. But really, it all came down to the way it drives..

I hope we don't regret this choice. So far it has been wonderful.

4. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I was at the San Jose Auto Show last weekend, one of the Toyota representatives told me that they had / were stopping production on the Touring model. He did not seem to know why. I have not been able to confirm this information.

The auto show only had one Prius on the floor - it was a base model.

Keith :unsure:

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I doubt that is true. The touring edition has been on sale in Japan for over a year. At least that is my understanding.

6. mstevem

mstevem New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(setheriah @ Jan 17 2007, 04:54 AM) [snapback]376690[/snapback]</div>
    I purchased the 2007 Touring model in Oct. It has been great, except... I have taken it in twice complaing about the braking seeming rough and noisy and the car pulling to one side. I was told the alignment is fine. They rotated the tires and I still have the problems. Interesting to find out the truth of your quest.

7. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(setheriah @ Jan 17 2007, 04:54 AM) [snapback]376690[/snapback]</div>
    The wheels are different, but as far as I know, the brakes are the same. I've not heard anything about them stopping production, and looking at the web page of one of the local dealers, they show about 1/3 of their in stock Priuses (20 or so, wow!) are T/E.

http://raleigh.fredandersontoyota.com/New-Inventory.aspx

8. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jendbbay @ Jan 17 2007, 02:26 AM) [snapback]377068[/snapback]</div>
    Just to clarify, my 06 (non-Touring, and non Nav.) has Bluetooth. I have 2006 option package #6.

9. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    toyota is not going to sell the touring package 5 in California anymore. Pretty ridiculous, so it's making me go out of state to buy it.

10. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Look in Baton Rouge if you want to buy out of state at Price LeBlanc Toyota. I also saw quite a few Prii on the lots in East Texas. However, there's Baton Rouge is easily accessible.

I bet you can find quite a few in Houston and Dallas as well.

Then you can have the fun of DRIVING through flyover country to get back to CA. :p (just kidding)

The touring also has a sportier suspension in addition to the larger tires. It has a slightly (I mean slightly) larger rear spoiler.