1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did they replace inverter fluid if they replaced inverter pump?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bojim, Mar 11, 2015.

1. bojim

bojim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I purchased a used 2007 prius with 115K miles and I'm going through a maintenance checklist. When I go over service history, the previous owner had the HV electric water pump replaced at 97K on 8/13 at the Toyota dealership. I presume this was part of a service recall. Is the electric water pump the same as the inverter pump? Can I also presume that in the process they replaced the Inverter Fluid? Thank you for your help.

2. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes the HV electric water pump circulates the Toyota SLLC coolant through the inverter cooling system.

They are supposed to replace the coolant but it is likely that they didn't because it takes more time and is less profitable for them. There's really no way to tell if they did it. You'd have to be watching them while they did the replacement which 99% of stealerships prohibit.

Not the end of the world if they didn't do it. The coolant is fairly easy to replace in the inverter system.

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    +1.

Read my post #17 What do I need at 100k? 2008 Prius | PriusChat
    It also contains a high speed video link where you will see for yourself what the reality most likely is.

What do you think a dealer would do:
    1) clamp the hoses and replace the few ounces of lost coolant = MORE money for tech and dealer
    2) drain/fill with nearly one gallon of coolant = LESS money for tech and dealer