1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Did you guys know….

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Storm88000, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Storm88000

Storm88000 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    ….we have a LIGHT in the glovebox? I sure didn’t. I read there was one and said no way, I’d have seen it ….but I got curious since every single light in my 2020 Prime are LEDs. Inside and out (bulbs not already LEDs from the factory replaced). Can’t see it one bit at night from the driver seat perspective if you are looking in the glovebox.. I had to remove everything in there, then climb down onto the passenger side floor to even find it (if pics don’t work here just look bellow in the attached ones):

[​IMG]

Here it is removed from the vehicle in it’s odd plastic housing:

[​IMG]

Has anyone attempted to improve this? Either brightness or location? There was not much slack to move it to a better spot once I had it removed but still connected.

Does an LED fit in there that’s a lot brighter? And if it is an LED, it’s in a terrible location that I never noticed it in two YEARS? No idea on bulb size either.

Attached Files:

2. Storm88000

Storm88000 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Anyone? Or am I wayyy too “OCD” about LEDs and stuff. It’s like an obsession. The dull yellow look of a regular bulb *anywhere* in the car especially things like vanity lights drives me nuts.